If you’re seeking a position in the agriculture and environment field, it’s important that your resume is current and well-organized. In addition to listing your education and past employment, it’s important to learn how to write an agriculture & environment resume certifications and training section. This section gives prospective employers a summary of any relevant training you might have in this industry.
What Kind of Certifications and Training Should You List on Your Agriculture & Environment Resume
It’s important to know what you should and should not include in your agriculture & environment resume certifications and training section. Before including something, you should ask yourself the following:
- Is this certification important for someone working in the agriculture and environment industry? Prospective employers would not care, for example, if you have a certification to teach music therapy. They would, however, like to know if you are certified as an agricultural irrigation specialist.
- Is the certification or training from an accredited or reputable institution? You should be able to provide a link or reference that someone can easily verify.
- Do you have training that’s specifically relevant for this job? You should definitely list training or certification that directly applies to a position for which you’re applying.
- Is the certification recent? It’s preferable not to list a certification from more than a decade ago.
The following are a few certifications that would be worth listing for a job in this industry:
- Environmental Management Certificate
- Certified Irrigation Designer
- Certified Forrester
- Certificate in Sustainable Food and Farming
How to Format an Agriculture & Environment Resume Certifications and Training Section
There isn?t one place that an agriculture & environment resume certifications and training section can go. It can be placed by itself below education, or you can put it in the education section. If you only have one or two certifications, these can be placed in the skills section.
You will then list your certifications as a bulleted list in reverse chronological order so prospective employers see your most recent certifications at the top. Include the full name and acronym for each item.
Example of an Agriculture & Environment Resume Certifications and Training Section
Learning how to write an agriculture & environment resume certifications and training section as well as your entire resume is easier when you use MyPerfectResume’s Resume Builder. This efficient tool makes it possible to create a well-organized and professional resume in just a few minutes.