If the job is important, the cover letter is important, too. A good cover letter sets the stage for a great resume by catching the interest of the hiring manager. It makes him or her want to read your resume, and that’s always a good thing. Before you start, read this free program director cover letter sample and the following industry-specific tips that you can incorporate into your own letter.
What to Include in a Program Director Cover Letter
Based on the free program director cover letter sample, here are some ideas to incorporate. Write in a professional manner and keep the length to four paragraphs. Refer to the job description and explain how you are qualified. Try to use the same language as the job posting. At the end of the letter, summarize your capabilities and invite the hiring manager to assess your resume. Always conclude with a sentence of thanks.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
You should adapt your cover letter to the job by including pertinent information. Here are some qualities that are ideal for a position as a program director. Add them to the ideas covered in the free program director cover letter sample.
• Decision-making: Program directors should be able to weigh the strengths and weaknesses of many different options and decide which is best.
• Interpersonal: Directors should have strong skills in this area to regularly interact with people. You should be able to develop positive workplace relationships with colleagues.
• Leadership: You will direct a staff and oversee your department. You should know how to coordinate work plans and ensure that the work gets done.
• Organization: Program directors must prioritize tasks and manage several projects at once.
• Communication: An important part of your job is to clearly communicate information and instructions to staff and other employees.