A poor cover letter can greatly hinder your chances of finding the respiratory therapist job that you want. However, a strong letter that covers important relevant industry skills and experiences could greatly improve your chances of nabbing an interview. Reading through this free registered respiratory therapist cover letter sample can help you create your own quality cover letter.
What to Include in a Registered Respiratory Therapist Cover Letter
Here are a few tips to consider as you craft your own cover letter based on the free registered respiratory therapist cover letter sample. Most importantly, you want to focus your content on specific and relevant experiences that directly address the job posting. You want to try to add to the information provided in your resume and avoid listing your job experience. As you complete your letter, make sure to maintain a clear, concise, and professional tone.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Cover letters that specifically reference skills relevant to the job position often catch an employer’s eye. The skills below are often highly regarded by employers in the industry. You can use these to expand on the free registered respiratory therapist cover letter sample above.
• Attention to detail: As a respiratory therapist, you will be expected to observe patients’ responses and react accordingly.
• Interpersonal skills: You will be working directly with patients, their families, and other doctors.
• Problem solving: You will be expected to provide the most appropriate care, and address and fix potential problems.
• Compassion: You will need to be sensitive to both the physical and emotional needs of your patients.
• Science and math: You will be responsible for understanding medications and calculating appropriate patient doses.