123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 000-000-0000
Expert in preparing sushi to provide patrons with the most authentic Japanese experience possible. Excelled in providing an array of other dishes to customers, including Asian-inspired soups, appetizers, and salads. Managed a team of chefs at most recent place of employment to help team learn more about proper sanitation around the kitchen and how to prepare some of the most complicated sushi rolls.
- -Exceptional time management skills to ensure patrons receive their orders in a timely manner -Instructing skills to teach new hires how to properly prepare specific dishes -Ability to manage financial resources to adequately handle overhead costs -Extensive knowledge of food processing, allowing in-depth understanding of how to conduct quality control on all ingredients -Management skills, including knowledge of resource allocation, strategic planning, and people coordination -Negotiation skills, which help resolve conflicts in the kitchen
- Prepare over 40 different types of sushi rolls offered on the restaurant’s menu.
- Create seven unique sushi rolls, including the popular Kobe Beef Roll, which incorporates an intoxicating blend of Kobe beef, unagi sauce, and cilantro.
- Hire new chefs and kitchen assistants onto the team, many of which have remained at the restaurant for years.
- Work with local fish markets to get the best deals on the freshest fish.
- Assisted the head chef with all pertinent duties, including supervising the activities in the kitchen and ordering more ingredients and supplies when necessary.
- Planned out the pricing of new menu items to ensure restaurant would be able to turn a profit.
- Ensured proper safety protocols were followed in the kitchen by making it mandatory that everyone read the safety manual.
- Maintained a high level of hygiene in the kitchen and always received favorable ratings from local health department.
- Prepared ingredients for head chef, including washing and cutting certain items.
- Handled deliveries and would occasionally meet with suppliers off-site to negotiate prices.
I enjoy volunteer work, and once a month, I offer my services to a local homeless shelter to prepare meals for everyone there. I also participate monthly in a local city-wide clean up to help make San Diego just a little more beautiful.