123 Fake Street, City, State, Zip Code
E: email@example.com P: 000-000-0000
Experienced petroleum geologist who specializes in unconventional basin projects and other challenging extraction environments. Tenacious and determined, I leverage my technical knowledge and teamwork skills to find feasible and geologically sound approaches for clients. Exemplary in all aspects of field planning, data analysis, and drilling implementation.
- -Experienced in the development and presentation of geologic maps with correlations and interpretations.
- -Teamwork oriented and able to lead a team to cooperative decision-making.
- -Skilled in ARCGIS, multivariate modeling, and 3D geologic modeling.
- -Ability to present results and analysis clearly both in written reports and meeting presentations.
- -Familiar with unconventional well log analysis in North American basin areas.
- -Highly structured work ethic with the ability to both prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Work in all areas of petroleum exploration and analysis, collaborating with geophysicists, civil engineers, and other geologists to explore possible extraction sights and perform exhaustive analyses of extraction feasibility.
- Use structural geology concepts to develop a rating system for potential unconventional basin extraction sites.
- Deliver reservoir-property maps and interpret cross sections at various scales to drive the onshore business, including high-grading acreage for drilling, calculating volumetrics, and analyzing well performance.
- Collaborate with sub-surface teams in order to optimize acquisition of oilfield data.
- Lead field development planning with regional company representatives.
- Collaborated with teams in exploring geologic project opportunities.
- Performed engineering analyses of geological formations to gauge extraction feasibility, including slope stability, shale formation, and seepage analysis.
- Wrote extraction site analysis reports for both internal and external clients.
- Provided full geotechnical engineering support during all phases of unconventional basin projects.
- Coordinated work teams, including managing subordinates, in the development of project proposals.
- Performed collections of geologic data into large databases, analyzed the data, and wrote reports involving custom applications as directed by the petroleum geologist.
- Participated in team meetings to positively impact the scope and requirements of the geological data analysis.
- Updated datasets and software platforms to accommodate database configuration changes.
- Supported the integration of the data with test plans and identified inconsistent results.
- Utilized SQL, Microsoft stack, and MS SQL Server.
I have recently earned my black belt in Tae Kwon Do and enjoy training with other black belts. I am the Chair of the AAPG’s Professional Women in Earth Sciences Committee, and I go to local high schools to talk to girls about careers in scientific fields.
Questions for Your Petroleum Geologist CV
Petroleum Geologist CV Must-Haves
What Does a Petroleum Geologist Do?A petroleum geologist is a geoscientist who investigates sources of oil located in the Earth. Finding the exact location of the fuel source, what type of substrate it is in, and the estimated volume of the oil source are some of the major categories of work handled by a petroleum geologist. For some, troubleshooting obstacles in the way of the oil source is a major part of the job. Petroleum geologists utilize geological and engineering education and expertise to determine how an oil deposit can be accessed, as well as the optimal mode of extraction.
A petroleum geologist is a geoscientist who investigates sources of oil located in the Earth.With such exacting job duties, you should be sure to include all work experiences and skills relating to petroleum geology as well as communication skills. Look at this petroleum geologist CV example to see how a strong CV includes this combination of skills.