International Business Resources
The resources under Employer Research, International Job Resources and Living & Working Overseas will also be helpful.
- globalEDGE’s Global Resource Directory
- …an excellent collection of US and International business directories and resources maintained by the International Business Center (IBC) at Michigan State University.
- Thunderbird LibGuides, Thunderbird School of Global Management
- …offered by the Merle A. Hinrichs International Business Information Centre (IBIC) at Thunderbird, this is a collection of subject guides devoted to various aspects of international research, each of which has been prepared by a librarian and features links to good resources.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- …Wow! Current press releases telling you who has been funded for what, information on regulations for trade with other countries, background, funding…and all searchable.
- International Monetary Fund
- …A friend said whenever she wanted to know who was doing what internationally, she read the reports from the IMF. Get the jump on international funding.
- US. Department of State
- …information on US International policies, hot topics updated daily, business services including reports on many regions, and careers with the State Department.
- The World Bank
- …Get the latest news on what programs have been approved. All publications are also online.
- World Trade 100 – The Benchmark for Global Supply Chain Business
- …"targeted to the senior management of mid-sized American manufacturers actively involved in exporting and importing, as well as the service industries supporting their efforts." If you are interested in or deal with international trade of any kind, this could be an important news source. The site changes monthly as the new issue is released, but over 1 year of archived issues is also available (the link is way down the left bar.)
- SEDAR, the System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval
- …the Canadian Securities Administration, the umbrella organization for the provincial security commissions in Canada, maintains this online service, the equivalent of the SEC’s EDGAR database. SEDAR is a centralized filing and public search service for the required filings for all public companies and mutual funds in Canada. For more information, see their FAQ.
- Industry Canada
- …bringing you all kinds of resources, information, and services on business in Canada. The Canada Business Network is also a useful resource.
- Inter-American Development Bank / Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo
- …If you are interested in opportunities in Central America or the Caribbean, this site’s Public Information Center includes outlines on approved as well as proposed development projects by country or industry sector.
- Companies House (UK)
- …interesting source of company info. Under "Company Info" you can do a search of their own database and retrieve a basic record for free. They also have the "Disqualified Directors" database (persons who are not permitted to act as corporate directors) and links to a UK domain name registry as well as the Trademarks registry. Yes, this is a government service. "Companies House is an Executive Agency of the Department of Trade and Industry." "Companies House has three main functions: the incorporation, re-registration and striking-off of companies; the registration of documents that must be filed under company, insolvency and related legislation; the provision of company information to the public – for this purpose we enforce compliance with legal requirements."
- Europages: The European Business Directory Home Page
- …a European yellow pages, available in several languages. Search by product or service to find industries in Europe.
- London-based information resource and research network offering free news, data and research on all companies listed on the stock market in the United Kingdom, searchable by company name, ticker or investing topic. There are some areas limited to registered users, but registration is free.
- AfBIS: Africa Business Information Services
- …business news, primarily focused on Nigeria
- …extensive information on the countries of the Middle East, including leading industries, regulations, companies and banks.
- Asian Development Bank
- …dedicated to promoting the economic and social progress of its developing member countries in the Asian and Pacific region. Includes lists of business opportunities and contract awards
- "Asia Society is the leading global organization working to strengthen relationships and promote understanding among the people, leaders, and institutions of Asia and the United States. We seek to enhance dialogue, encourage creative expression, and generate new ideas across the fields of policy, business, education, arts, and culture."
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]