Mining & Drilling
You may also be interested in Building & Construction, Mining & Offshore Technology, and Explosives Engineering as well as other fields in Engineering. Oil and Gas professionals will also want to look at Utilities: Petroleum & Natural Gas and Water Quality & Conservation for information on exploration careers.
- SME, the Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration
- "an international society of professionals in the minerals industry. The SME membership is more than 12,000 strong, with members in nearly 100 countries." Absolutely terrific site for anyone interested in the minerals industry worldwide. Teachers and students — be sure to download the free Careers in the Minerals Industry book [PDF]. All visitors can view jobs in the MiningJobs.org career center, but you must register and upload a resume to apply for the jobs posted here (free).
- Canadian Wellsite
- "Homepage for the Canadian Oilpatch." Links to information, resources, and services for the Canadian oil exploration industry, with some coverage of the International industry. Job seekers will appreciate the free Classifieds with job announcements as well as jobs wanted postings. They also have several links to additional employment sources along with industry news, directories, and more. Nice feature – he links to the well licenses issued the various provincial governments. You can check to see who has applied for new licenses or amendments to old ones.
- CA Mining
- "Provides Mining Recruitment for Permanent Mining Jobs, Contract Mining Jobs, Mining Vacancies for experienced Mining Staff / Personnel and Mining Professionals. CA Global Mining have extensive experience in the Africa International Mining Industry and Internationally. CA Global Mining Recruits across the following Mining Disciplines: Engineers, Process, Mechanical Engineers, Mettalurgists, Surveyor, Geologists, Blasting, Production, Planning / Planners, Mine Managers, General Managers, Fitters, Welders, Boilermakers, Diesel Mechanics, Mine Captains, Drillers, Stores, Procurement, Warehouse, Logisitcs." Not limited to the African continent! CA Mining is a division of CA Global and is based in Cape Town, South Africa.
- …this site, a joint venture between the Drilling Research Institute and NRG Constancy Limited, offers job listings as well as links to associations, recruiters, industry suppliers, and more.
- …a leading provider of Global Recruitment Solutions to specialist technical industries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. The work to fill contract as well as permanent openings around the world. "Our Key Sector is Oil & Gas but we are also active in other sectors including Petrochemical & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Mining & Minerals, Nuclear & Power." You can easily search oil and gas jobs as well as other engineering roles in their specialist sectors: automotive & aerospace, petrochemical & process, mining & minerals, nuclear & power. Candidates can register CVs online and search jobs across all of their sectors.
- Probably the most informative mining site on the Internet. Includes information on equipment, companies, education & training, events, countries, and much more. The CareerMine includes many job listings from around the world along with a list of recruiters and a resume database. The problem is many of the areas (including most of the job listings) are limited to subscribers, but if this is your field then the subscription is a wise investment.
- Mining USA
- …mining industry jobs all over the US and internationally. All ads are dated as to when they were posted. Other great information on the industry is available at this site.
- Offshore Guides
- This started as a way to let people know about a book, The Complete Offshore Employment Handbook, but it has expanded to include more employment information for this field. To apply for jobs found here, you must registered with a resume in their service. This is free. However, if you want to know who the employers are, want to be able to forward your resume directly, and to have access to a list of employers that you can contact, you must subscribe to this service.
- …nice site filled with all kinds of jobs for the worldwide oil and gas industry. The company is based in the UK (Scotland), but the listings cover the globe. You can easily search, select, review, and even apply for a particular position. You are also welcome to register for a free account, which includes uploading your resume/CV (some privacy controls are available) and creating job agents to alert you to new postings. They have some nice career information (some require you to be a registered member).
- …info and resources for the worldwide oil and gas industry. The Career Center features jobs, many of which have the application contact information in them, but apparently some employers/recruiters want to post a more confidential listing which only Rigzone members can apply for at no cost. Others must purchase the contact info. Hmm. Well, membership is free and requires you to post a resume, and they even evaluate your resume for you, so why not.
- Thomas Mining Associates
- …a UK-based recruiter for the worldwide mining and quarrying industry.
- World Oils
- A huge news and information resource center for the worldwide oil and gas exploration/mining industry. Wow, if you want a piece of equipment you can probably buy it here. And they have a pretty darn nice job board too. They’d like you to register (free) but the job board does not require you to register. Other sections of the site may, but all the job announcements I looked at had application information publicly viewable.
[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]