Trade Shows, Conventions, &
These are great places to not only network and meet people but to also find possible jobs. Many conferences and conventions will include vendor shows, and many professional associations will host "job resource centers" at their meetings.
Our list of Unions, Associations, & Societies may also be useful.
- Events in America
- …a searchable directory of conferences, trade shows and conventions in the US and Canada. Visitors can search the listings and view basic information (name of the event, dates, location), but full information is limited to paid members of the site. Paid membership includes the opportunity for "Advance Networking": you "tag" this event to announce your attendance so others can contact you. Your paid membership also allows you to advertise your services (consulting? new small business or supplier?), send and receive online RFPs, network with other members, build custom lists and calendars of events, manage your sales team’s meeting schedules, and more. Note: I suggest you limit dates in the search feature. You do need to be specific as to the Start date because they still have listings from 2009 in the database. If you are interested, they are already listing events through 2011. Events in America is based in St. Louis, MO.
- TSNN.com – Trade Show News Network
- …very nice searchable database of trade show listings for all around the world. Search by industry or by location (city, state, country).
- Conventions and Trade Shows from Yahoo!
- …Yahoo’s usual listings of where to look to find information on meetings and greetings happening all over the place. This is mostly a centralizing of the listings under individual categories all over their directory.
- Women For Hire
- …an organizer of career events for professional women, promoting networking and offering career coaching and other job search support for women. This organization is out there to give women their best when it comes to the job search. The network with it’s job leads and other resources (including conference calls) is available for a very moderate one-time fee.
- CFG, Inc.
- …coordinates career fairs in over 35 cities around the U.S. You can search their database for events in your area, a list of companies participating in each event, and a list of positions that companies will be trying to fill at the events. Notice that you will not get a description for the positions, just a notice of who is trying to fill it and which career fair they will be attending.
- Carousel Expo
- A searchable directory of Job Fairs in the US. Someone must submit the listing, but once it is listed you will see the date and location and you can follow the link to the full information.
Many online job banks and recruiters hold virtual career fairs or list announcements of job fairs on a regular basis, so check them regularly for announcements and opportunities.