Build Your CV
2048 Uno Road, Orlando, FL 99999
E: email@example.com P: 999-999-3984
Creative thinker with 10 years of experience in the advertising industry. Experienced in print, radio, and television advertising. Strong attention to detail and ability to detect marketing trends and implement them into company advertising. Able to create and stick to advertising budgets, and maintain the company’s brand in all campaigns.
- Proficient in a range of industry-related computer software, including business analysis software, desktop publishing software, and project management software.
- Excellent command of the English language with the ability to read, speak, write, and listen to comprehend ideas and convey information in an efficient and easily understandable manner.
- Ability to perceive others’ reactions in social situations, such as in focus groups, to determine how they feel about products and ask them questions regarding changes they would like to see made.
- Creative thinker who likes to step outside of the box and come up with clever new ways of conveying information that draws in viewers and convinces them to become customers.
- Works well with people from all walks of life whether within the company, part of the media, or potential or current customers.
- Inspect advertising copy and layouts, edit scripts, and ensure all other advertising material adheres to company guidelines and brand.
- Plan advertising campaigns based on new and upcoming promotions, upcoming holidays, or other significant factors.
- Hire and direct campaign teams to create goals and design advertising campaigns that meet those goals.
- Developed and submitted budgets for advertising as part of the process of creating a campaign plan.
- Created advertising policies and strategies, and assisted the company with the implementation process.
- Presented and demonstrated new products during the introduction phase to gather information regarding interest of the staff as well as potential customers.
- Directed product research and development, and created marketing campaigns for those products that did well in focus groups.
- Attended trade association meetings to promote products and gain interest.
- Coordinated various advertising departments on large projects, including media, finance, graphic arts, and sales.
In my free time, I enjoy going to the theater, checking out local and national bands, traveling to other parts of the world, and playing the piano. Together with my partner and our children, I volunteer at a local homeless shelter, attend church functions, and train Labrador Retrievers to become service dogs.
Build Your CV
Advertising Account Director CV Must-Haves
What Does an Advertising Account Director Do?
An advertising account director is responsible for overseeing the marketing campaigns of companies. In addition to coming up with new marketing ideas that match the company’s brand, they must ensure those ideas are within the company’s advertising budget; manage the team of graphic designers, writers, and other advertising experts who bring the campaign to fruition; and conduct market research to determine how the campaign is received, tweaking it as necessary to interest more people. The amount of responsibility means you must have a strong CV to gain the interest of potential employers. Modeling your own CV after the advertising account director CV example will help you get your foot in the door with potential new employers.
Tips for Creating a Great Advertising Account Director CV
Implement the following tips and tricks into your own CV to make it as professional as the example:
– Do use quantitative information when possible, such as including figures on how well a marketing campaign did or how many units of a specific product sold.
– Do not use paragraph format to list your work experience. Bullet points look more professional and are easier for hiring managers to skim to find the most important information.
– Do include awards you won, seminars you spoke at, or organizations you are a member of that relate to the advertising industry and show you are a serious contender in the field.
– Do not use an email address that is unprofessional or related to your current job. Create a free one that uses your first and last name and looks professional.
– Do highlight your best skills, personality traits, and accomplishments in the professional summary. This section determines whether hiring managers will continue to read your CV.