Applicants may be unaware of how a curriculum vitae, or CV, differs from a resume. Regardless of whether a company asks specifically for a CV, sometimes this document can be more useful. Before sitting down to craft your own, it can be helpful to have an understanding of what is expected. Our architect CV example shown here shows you the nuts and bolts of a well-written CV, so you know what to include in yours. We have also provided helpful guidelines and tips that can make your document really stand out above the rest.
Build Your CV
6243 Oak Street, Boston, MA 11111
E: mtempleton@anymail P: 555-723-8194
Detail-oriented architecture professional who is resourceful in finding individualized design solutions for clients. Skillful and experienced in AutoCad software, Adobe Illustrator, and many other software platforms for visual rendering and design. Strong communicator who is responsive to client requests and adaptable to changing project specifications. Responsible and trustworthy with confidential information, and able to coordinate the distribution of data to facilitate project objectives.
- Expert at Autodesk AutoCAD, C, .NET framework, Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Multi-tasker who can prioritize tasks and manage time independently.
- Experienced with design principles and techniques needed to produce blueprints and digital models.
- Proactive communicator both verbally and in writing to produce what the client wants.
- Knowledgeable about building codes and industry standards.
- Excellent visual and spatial skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong knowledge of drafting symbols and abbreviations.
- Work with engineering staff to create AutoCAD drawings with detailed technical specifications.
- Communicate with project teams through email as well as in person.
- Verify calculations on drawings to maintain high-quality standards.
- Craft physical models of projects to scale.
- Direct drafters’ design assignments.
- Organize all project documentation and route to appropriate staff.
- Act as the architectural firm’s representative at job sites.
- Move ahead with long-term projects while simultaneously completing smaller assignments.
- Created AutoCAD drawings of buildings using AutoCAD software.
- Collected construction site data and completed its technical evaluation.
- Assisted in providing cost estimates for projects.
- Assured project compliance with local building codes.
- Estimated building material needs for projects.
- Recommended design modifications in order to improve energy efficiency by 25 percent.
- Worked with a team to prepare reports and contracts.
- Utilized geometry and trigonometry concepts to produce accurate AutoCAD drawings.
- Conducted construction site visits to collect data for technical drawings.
- Created layout, section, and elevation drawings.
- Collected materials quotes from manufacturers and distributers.
- Interfaced with the sales department to provide technical information.
I enjoy collecting old silverware patterns and have written computer software that helps me keep track of the pieces in my collection. I take walks with my dog every day, and once a month we go to a local nursing home and visit residents.
Architectural Assistant CV Must-Haves
What Does an Architectural Assistant Do?
An architectural assistant facilitates the architect’s vision of a design and helps make it a reality. An assistant does this by using computer-aided drafting software to draw detailed plans for every part of a building. With knowledge of local building codes, the architectural assistant may estimate the kind and amount of materials needed for a project. Under the architect’s supervision, the assistant may collect cost data to develop estimate figures for projects. Helping with bidding documents and technical reports under the direction of the architect is a possibility a well. Often, he or she acts as a coordinator of technical information needed to successfully plan a building. The architectural assistant CV example shows how to display both technical and organizational skills to give the prospective employer a clear idea of your talents.
Tips for Creating a Great Architectural Assistant CV
The level of technical expertise and dependability needed for this position makes it necessary to have a strong CV that generates interest in your qualifications. Here are some tips to help you write the best CV possible:
– An architectural assistant must often act as a coordinator of information and make sure that each party involved gets the appropriate knowledge at the right time. Remember to include instances of coordination in your CV.
– Make sure to double check your contact information for accuracy, and do not use your work address or phone number for a contact unless you are applying for a new position at the company you are already working for.
– Avoid mentioning possible controversial topics in your hobbies and interests section, such as religious or political views.
– The ability to multi-task is essential in this position, so you will want to mention in your work experience section an example of when you multi-tasked.
– Always remember to have a friend read your CV and give you feedback after you have checked its spelling and grammar.