Build Your CV
1102 Main Street, Louisville, Colorado 11111
E: Christine Amos@anymail T: 555-342-6557
Experienced assistant project manager with a solid understanding of technical and business-oriented project elements. Educational and practical experience developing workflow solutions to meet client requirements effectively while improving internal efficiency. Expert-level proficiency with several database interface and project management software programs. Excellent delegation and leadership skills, including the ability to augment technical staff when necessary to meet budgetary requirements and deliverables schedule.
- Extensive technical knowledge of IT projects along with the ability to explain complex information to nontechnical personnel in an understandable way.
- Experience serving as a liaison between business areas and technical aspects of complex projects.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational abilities to create efficient and feasible project schedules.
- Proficient with Microsoft Access, SQL, SAP, Microsoft Project, and Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate with various departments, executives, managers, and technical personnel.
- Help senior project manager as necessary during planning, implementation, and testing phases of numerous IT projects.
- Monitor and document project execution in relation to stated objectives, timelines, milestones, and budgetary items.
- Manage deliverables timeline by providing assistance to technicians when necessary and modifying work schedule to meet customer requirements.
- Interact daily with client to answer questions, share project status, verify change orders, and resolve complaints.
- Develop work breakdown structure for individual projects and organize resources to meet project objectives efficiently.
- Serve as general point of contact for all technical personnel to resolve issues quickly and increase collaboration.
- Tested programs and databases for errors according to client requirements and documented findings.
- Corrected errors and modified databases as necessary to increase functionality, improve security, and address clients’ concerns.
- Monitored security access protocols and oversaw procedures to grant users access to database segments.
- Developed and coded physical database descriptions to database management system according to corporate policy and best practices.
- Created new workflow for customer interactions that improved overall efficiency, and reduced rate of security issues by 15 percent.
- Provided support to end-users through phone and email communications to assist in troubleshooting procedures and answer questions about a variety of software programs.
- Maintained a detailed log of each interaction including resolution process and results.
- Interacted calmly and professionally with all customers.
- Earned Employee of the Month award.
Enjoy reading and maintaining my book review blog. Spend weekends hiking and exploring local trails. Cook and bake for fun and especially enjoy learning new techniques for decorating cakes and cookies.
Build Your CV
Assistant Project Manager CV Must-Haves
What Does an Assistant Project Manager Do?
The term project manager may be used in several industries, though it is commonly associated with Information Technology work. An assistant project manager usually works directly with the lead project manager to oversee project execution, track progress, and divide work among team members to improve efficiency. As such, it’s essential to focus your CV on your strong leadership abilities as well as technical expertise. Most project managers use a variety of computer programs to organize and track schedules, budgets, and milestones, so make sure your Skills section includes a list of the programs you can use. As you can see in the assistant project manager CV example, you should use your Professional Summary and Work History to showcase your industry-related knowledge and experience as well as your interpersonal skills. Use specific examples of successful management to highlight your planning, problem-solving, and delegation abilities.
Tips for Creating a Great Assistant Project Manager CV
Once you’ve created the first draft of your CV, use these tips to take your writing to the next level.
– Start each bullet in your Work History with a descriptive verb, using present tense for your current job and past tense for all previous positions. Good action words for assistant project managers include oversaw, managed, organized, monitored, and developed.
– Use your Professional Summary to highlight the career accomplishments most relevant to the job description. Include metrics and choose terms such as expert to present yourself in the best light.
– Follow accepted standards by formatting your CV for A4 paper and using a standard font no smaller than 10pt.
– Keep your CV to two pages and write concisely so important information doesn’t get lost in irrelevant details.