Build Your CV
3398 Forest River Road Unit A57, Windsor, Colorado 11111
E: pam.tallman@anymail T: 555-338-0973
Exceptional assistant restaurant manager dedicated to exceeding customer expectations and creating a positive atmosphere for employees to improve morale and performance. Experienced with numerous aspects of restaurant operation, including marketing, finance, hospitality, supplier relations, and menu development. Excellent organizational skills to allocate resources appropriately and improve operational efficiency. Strong communication ability to interact effectively with customers, employees, and external vendors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to calmly resolve conflict with customers, staff, and suppliers.
- Thorough understanding of all restaurant procedures and workflows, including supply chain, menu development, marketing campaigns, hiring practices, and safety regulations.
- Proficient with Intuit QuickBooks, Aurora FoodPro, ValuSoft MasterCook, and Dinerware Intuitive Restaurant
- Strong organizational and strategic planning skills to create efficient schedules and allocate resources for smooth operation of all departments.
- Innovative with a passion for developing new concepts and ideas to improve brand recognition, customer satisfaction, and employee morale.
- Support restaurant general manager as required, including organizing employee schedules, resolving customer complaints, and coordinating special promotions.
- Manage kitchen members and front-of-house staff to improve efficiency of food preparation and compliance with customer special requests.
- Assist head chef in modifying menus to meet current food trends and changing supply costs.
- Supervise current employee reviews, including facilitating promotions and corrections as necessary, and oversee hiring process for new candidates.
- Integrate new computerized POS and ordering system to significantly improve communication between servers and kitchen staff, increase overall efficiency by 20 percent, and allow waitstaff to complete payments tableside for a better customer experience.
- Oversaw kitchen staff to ensure correct and time-efficient food preparation according to recipe instructions, safety requirements, and sanitation regulations.
- Monitored completed orders to verify portion sizes and compliance with special requests, along with ensuring proper timing for orders at each table.
- Scheduled kitchen staff members according to individual experience and skills to maximize efficiency and encourage teamwork.
- Balanced order receipts with payments daily, and handled cash deposits to banking institutions.
- Greeted customers, assigned tables, answered questions, took reservations, and augmented serving staff when necessary.
- Maintained positive, friendly attitude with all customers, and resolved complaints quickly according to restaurant policies.
- Coordinated with kitchen staff during implementation of to-go service, including taking orders in person or over the phone, delivering food to customers’ vehicles, and accepting payment with mobile POS devices.
- Awarded Employee of the Month twice.
Play the cello and read extensively. Volunteer once a month at local animal shelter. Enjoy running, yoga, and painting with watercolors.
Build Your CV
Assistant Restaurant Manager CV Must-Haves
What Does an Assistant Restaurant Manager Do?
An assistant restaurant manager provides support to the general manager, including coordinating kitchen staff and front-of-house employees along with monitoring additional services such as catering. Depending on the restaurant, assistant managers may also oversee kitchen activities to ensure compliance with food preparation and safety standards, and may interact directly with customers to facilitate a satisfactory experience and resolve any complaints. This type of job requires a high level of organization as well as a thorough understanding of food service operation and excellent communications skills. As you can see in the assistant restaurant manager CV example, it’s important to highlight these skills in your Professional Summary and Work History sections. Additionally, you may be expected to work with bookkeepers to monitor the budget for supplies and adjust pricing for menu items as necessary, so make sure your Skills section includes financial knowledge and problem-solving ability.
Tips for Creating a Great Assistant Restaurant Manager CV
Use these tips to improve your writing and create a CV that will have maximum impact on your readers:
– Use a descriptive action word at the beginning of each bullet in the Work History section. Good choices for an assistant restaurant manager include monitored, coordinated, developed, and communicated.
– Write your professional summary as a marketing pitch for yourself and your abilities. Include a couple examples of your career achievements and highlight the successful results of your actions.
– Keep your CV easy to read by staying under three pages, using a standard font, and formatting for A4 paper. You may use sentence fragments in the professional summary.
– Set your CV apart from the competition by including some information about your interests and hobbies. Stay away from discussing religious or political affiliations, as this information may be considered unprofessional.