Before you apply for jobs, it is important to take some time to develop a strong CV that details your strengths, experience, and skills. This is because with the right CV, you stand out from the competition and increase your chance of advancing to the next stages in the hiring process. Reviewing an assistant store manager CV example such as the one below and reading the accompanying tips provides the foundation for building your own document. You will learn what sections to incorporate and what details to include in each one.
Build My CV
23508 Smith Ave., San Antonio, TX 11111
E: mjones@anymail P: 555-555-3923
Dedicated assistant store manager who has worked for more than 15 years in retail. Accomplished leader with proven experience in mentoring and training employees to increase employee competence and satisfaction. Excellent customer service skills with a strong ability to solve even the toughest problems to the satisfaction of customers. Extensive background in sales, merchandising, inventory control, and accounting.
- Familiar with the latest sales techniques, which enables me to improve sales.
- Excellent customer service skills with the capacity to calm even the angriest customer and determine a solution that satisfies all parties.
- Strong leadership and instructing skills to assist in supervising, training, and mentoring employees.
- Enhanced problem-solving and analytic skills with the knack to multi-task and remain composed even in chaotic environments.
- Solid accounting skills and familiarity with several accounting and point-of-sale software programs.
- Manage personnel to ensure corporate guidelines and regulations are followed.
- Provide training for new hires and continuing education in customer service and sales techniques, which led to a 25 percent increase in sales.
- Coordinate with the manager, corporate executives, and vendors to maintain tight control on inventory so that items are continuously in stock.
- Motivate employees to reach and exceed weekly, monthly, and yearly sales goals through implementing challenges and games that resulted in the branch winning the annual sales competition.
- Handled complex customer service issues to ensure that the customer experience remained positive, which led to an over 95 percent customer satisfaction rating.
- Initiated new recruiting and training strategies to enhance the level of staff members, leading to a reduction in customer complaints and a boost in profits.
- Assisted manager in performing the daily running of reports and reconciliation of sales.
- Worked with vendors and employees to create stunning window displays that increased foot traffic by 20 percent.
- Assisted customers in making purchases, including selecting the right item.
- Answered questions regarding inventory, cost, and product lines, and encouraged customers in their selection of products, which led to an increase of 25 percent in sales.
- Supervised employees and coordinated with the assistant manager and manager to ensure adherence to store protocols.
- Developed weekly employee schedules to ensure that all shifts were appropriately covered and any employee preferences were adequately incorporated.
I am part of an amateur bowling league, and my team has won several championships. I also enjoy knitting and lead a group that comes together to knit and talk. Additionally, I volunteer at a local homeless shelter, providing services as needed.
Build My CV
Assistant Store Manager CV Must-Haves
What Does an Assistant Store Manager Do?
An assistant store manager supervises staff members and helps the manager run the store. You typically direct the activities on the store floor, including overseeing customer service initiatives and handling more complex problems. You also assist the manager in managing personnel, including training, hiring, evaluating, and firing. It is common to have other supervisory duties, including accounting, purchasing, inventory, and more. It is also expected that you assist customers and handle sales as needed, especially during busy periods. With so many important responsibilities, it is important to demonstrate your strong leadership skills and experience in managing others on your CV. The assistant store manager CV example provides additional ideas on what to include on your document to demonstrate your value.
Tips for Creating a Great Assistant Store Manager CV
Make your CV shine by following these tips:
– The personal summary is the section where you need to market yourself. This is the first place many hiring managers look, so emphasize your best skills, including your leadership abilities and customer service skills.
– Review your CV multiple times to ensure it is completely free of errors. If there are any mistakes, including typos, incorrect grammar, and misspellings, it reflects poorly on you and might just cost you the job.
– In addition to explaining your job duties in your work experience section, also demonstrate your accomplishments through measurable results. This might include an increase in sales, better customer satisfaction, higher employee retention, or enhanced inventory control.
– Although CVs provide space for more personal information, especially in the hobbies and interests section, avoid adding anything that is too personal or potentially controversial, such as politics or religion.
– List more than abilities in your skills section, and demonstrate how they positively affect your capacity to perform your job.