When applying for any job, you must find a way to stand out from other applicants, and the automotive service industry is no different. A professional CV will help you earn the attention of hiring managers by showcasing your best skills, personality traits, and experience. Use the attached PDF of an automotive service advisor CV example in combination with the included formatting tips and tricks to create a CV that gains the attention that your skills deserve.
Build Your CV
2049 Spruce Drive, Columbus, OH 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-555-3489
Highly qualified automotive service advisor with nearly two decades of experience in the automotive industry. Experienced service provider with a working understanding of various vehicle makes and models. Professional team player who is easy to get along with and communicates well with customers and co-workers alike. Detail-oriented and a natural problem solver.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure all maintenance and repairs are completed on the schedule given to the customer.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software, including facilities management, computer-aided manufacturing, and project management software.
- Ability to apply engineering, technology, and mechanical principles as well as adhere to proper techniques and procedures for maintaining and repairing vehicles.
- Knowledgeable in rules, regulations, and guidelines to ensure the safety of automotive technicians and customers.
- Qualified verbal and written communicator with excellent listening and comprehension skills.
- Communicate with customers to determine their problems, asking questions and conducting inspections as needed to clarify the problem and determine the best course of action.
- Provide customers with written estimates based on the cost of materials, labor, and supplies and calculate their payment with deductibles.
- Lead a team of automotive service technicians by providing ongoing training and support as necessary.
- Repair and adjust brakes according to manufacturer guidelines.
- Performed routine maintenance on vehicles, including changing fluids, aligning wheels, changing tires, and more.
- Used computerized diagnostic tools and infrared engine analyzers to test vehicle components and systems and ensure they were in good working order.
- Planned work procedures to determine the best course of action for both minor and extensive repairs.
- Verified vehicle warranties to determine which repairs are covered and which ones should be included in the customer’s estimate.
- Overhauled and replaced vehicle components such as blowers, distributers, starters, generators, and carburetors.
- Tested and adjusted repaired vehicle systems to ensure they met manufacturers’ performance specifications.
- Provided exemplary customer service that included discussing vehicle problems, providing estimates, discussing payment plans, and being compassionate during what was sometimes a stressful situation for the client.
- Maintained vehicle accessories such as radios, windshield wipers, and heaters.
In my free time, I enjoy traveling around the country with my two classic cars and displaying them at car shows. I also play the guitar and the piano. My partner and I enjoy spending weeknights watching TV with our three cats.
Build Your CV
Automotive Service Advisor CV Must-Haves
What Does an Automotive Service Advisor Do?
An automotive service advisor is responsible for leading a team of automotive service technicians in maintaining and repairing customer vehicles. Automotive service advisors must have extensive knowledge in proper procedures for repairing a wide range of vehicles ranging from small family cars to large commercial trucks. They should be friendly, compassionate, and able to provide customers with estimates based on cost of supplies, parts, and labor. Automotive service advisors must maintain complete knowledge of local, state, and federal safety guidelines and ensure that all employees adhere to them. Organizational skills and time management skills are imperative. For a more detailed job description, check out the attached PDF of an automotive service advisor CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Automotive Service Advisor CV
By including the following formatting guidelines in your CV, you are even more likely to be put on the top of the list for an interview call.
– Always use bullet points to list your job duties and responsibilities. They look more concise and are easier for the hiring manager to skim to find the most important information.
– Avoid mentioning controversial topics on your CV. Never discuss your political beliefs, religious views, or sexual orientation on a CV.
– Include any special training, certifications, memberships, or awards that you have earned in their respective sections on your CV.
– Do not mention irrelevant information. Avoid listing your GPA information, high school information, or memberships to clubs, organizations, or extracurricular activities that do not directly relate to the automotive service industry.
– Proofread your CV thoroughly to ensure there are no spelling or grammar mistakes. Even the most professional CV will be passed over if it doesn’t look like you put true effort into it.