Build Your CV
8095 Camarillo Street, Las Cruces, NM 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-645-4433
Personable barback with extensive knowledge of how to create a variety of mixed drinks and dishes. Excellent at multitasking to always provide patrons in the booth with great service while also being attentive to what people at the bar want. Strong ability to work well under pressure, which comes in handy during lunch and evening rushes. Excelled at working as part of a team and always looking for ways to improve the aesthetic of the establishment.
- Superior customer service skills and willingness to develop strong relationships with clientele so they will continue coming back.
- Social perceptiveness to be aware of what is going on in a noisy bar.
- Knowledge of POS software and how to use it effectively.
- Expertise with all the tools needed to create mixed drinks, including cocktail shakers, cocktail strainers, and ice flakers.
- Excellent arm-hand steadiness to deliver multiple drinks to a table without dropping a single one.
- Mix a variety of drinks for patrons and charge appropriate amount if anything needs to be changed or added to a standard concoction.
- Maintain inventory of stockroom and tell manager when more ingredients or supplies need to be ordered.
- Slice fruits to garnish drinks.
- Recommend pairings of specific drinks to certain dishes when asked.
- Have a smile on my face any time patrons walk into the establish and always look for ways to assist customers.
- Worked with management to create new menu items and developed three new drinks that were added to the menu; all of which became quite popular with our regular patrons.
- Received payment options through both cash and cards.
- Cleaned work areas whenever I had downtime.
- Took reservations and set aside the appropriate number of seats before the party would arrive.
- Created attractive displays behind the bars so the most popular liquors would be in full view.
- Maintained a vigilant eye on everyone at the bar and cut certain individuals off when it became apparent they had had too much to drink.
- Asked customers who became too rowdy to settle down or else they would be escorted out.
- Served a variety of drinks to patrons, including craft beers and cocktails.
- Offered appetizers to individuals at the bar.
I love traveling on my bike. I often ride to and from work on it, and I love finding new trails to explore. I am currently training to be a participant in the New Mexico Bike Ride to help raise money for charity.
Build Your CV
Barback CV Must-Haves
What Does a Barback Do?
Barbacks have many of the same responsibilities as a traditional bartender. They may be needed to get behind the bar to prepare drinks, but beyond that, they are accountable for ensuring everything is in place for employees to do their jobs effectively. This can involve washing glasses and preparing garnishes by slicing limes, lemons, and other fruits. Barbacks also keep the general workspace sanitary and clean. They maintain the inventory system and order more supplies when they are required. They may also need to create displays of alcoholic bottles behind the bar and present them in an eye-catching fashion. Barbacks also need to know how to use the cash register and card reader to take payments. Show your familiarity with all these tasks in your own CV so you have something resembling the barback CV example above.
Tips for Creating a Great Barback CV
A great barback CV needs to adequately implement these tips:
– Your CV should not go over one page in length. However, if you have a lot of work experience to go over, then going on to two pages is acceptable.
– The email address you put in your CV needs to sound professional. Generally, you want something that just incorporates your name instead of having something with a lot of slang or incoherent nonsense.
– Professional summaries are needed as opposed to objective statements. The difference is that summaries should be four or five lines long while an objective statement is only a single sentence.
– Emphasize your skills with personal service because as a barback, you will interact with the public a lot.
– Leave out anything that could be considered controversial, such as political leanings.