Build Your CV
6079 Tujunga Avenue, Mesa, AZ 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-439-9933
Fully licensed beautician with extensive knowledge about hair and nail treatments. Enthusiastic personality and always willing to help customers figure out what exactly they want. Exceptional skills with sales and consistent record of exceeding quotas. Excelled at refining hair techniques to offer styles that are only available from me.
- Friendly personality and always willing to chat with customers while they are getting worked on.
- Knowledge of sales principles to know how to effectively sell a product to a customer.
- Comprehensive understanding of POS software.
- Experience with most cosmetology tools, including razors, nail clippers, barrettes, brushes, and much more.
- Strong manual dexterity to hold strands of hairs and cut them efficiently.
- Effective oral comprehension skills to listen to clients and understand what they are asking for, even if it sounds confusing initially.
- Examine hair and recommend certain styles to clients with many being completely satisfied with the results.
- Promote products and regularly sell over $1,000 a month in shampoos, dyes, and other accessories.
- Shampoo, condition, and rinse hair to ensure it looks absolutely gorgeous while taking into account the health of the customer’s scalp.
- Massage scalps using the proper equipment.
- Shape eyebrows to remove any stray hairs while utilizing a variety of supplies, such as tweezers, wax, and depilatory cream.
- Kept workstation clean at all times and swept up hair prior to a new customer coming in.
- Scheduled appointments and maintained database to ensure people never got double-booked.
- Updated customer records to figure out what treatments clients received in the past to recommend them in the future.
- Developed several new hairstyle techniques that became quite popular with customer base.
- Worked with clients’ wigs to shape, brush, and comb them.
- Provided facials to clients using only the most organic creams and lotions.
- Applied fake fingernails to clients.
- Administered shampoo-based medication to clients with scalp problems.
- Maintained store’s inventory and reordered supplies when they were running low.
- Operated cash register and card reader to receive payments.
I enjoy jogging, and I frequently participate in charity races around town. In fact, I ran a 5K last month that helped raise over $10,000 for cancer research. I am currently training so I can soon participate in my first half-marathon.
Build Your CV
Beautician CV Must-Haves
What Does a Beautician Do?
Beauticians are often accountable for performing a variety of services for clients. Some common duties include shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling a person’s hair. Additionally, beauticians need to be aware if an individual has particularly fragile hair or a sensitive scalp. In which case, special shampoos and conditioners would need to be used. Beauticians also commonly apply false fingernails, fake eyelashes, and makeup. Cosmetologists need to keep their work area sanitary at all times, which can involve sweeping hair or wiping off tables to remove any excess residue. These professionals also need to sell a variety of products to patrons, so they need to be able to demonstrate how to use an item and explain its benefits. Showcase your exceptional customer service skills and knowledge of beauty products in your CV, so it looks similar to the beautician CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Beautician CV
The following rules also need to be present in an effective CV:
– If you are applying for an entry level position, then your CV should be no longer than one page.
– Have a professional email address on your CV. Generally, you just want an email that consists of a variation of your name.
– Include job titles within your Work Experience section. It will show you have attained upward momentum throughout your professional career.
– List responsibilities at each place of work using bullet points so the reader comprehends where one task ends and another begins.
– You can leave out your date of graduation in the Education section if you want. However, you do need to be specific with the exact certification you have earned.
– Personal and job-related skills should be featured throughout your Skills portion. You can also use this section to state any second languages you are familiar with or are fluent in.