Build Your CV
123 North South Street ,Nowheresburg, OH 44444
E: Fromage1@gmail.com T: 419-555-1212
An organized and self-motivated basketball coach with a combined 20 years of experience in coaching at various levels. A visionary who is focused on being a mentor to players and leading them with tough yet fair coaching. Committed to enriching players’ lives through the game. Proficient coaching and team management skills. A proven track record of getting results quickly with new teams.
- Motivational skills to get players working harder and improving in a short period of time.
- Ability to make quick decisions to help position players.
- Excellent communication skills with other coaches, administrators, and players.
- Ability to organize and manage all team events and all key team members.
- Possess strong leadership skills and act as the main contact for a team.Hobbies and Interests
- Coach players during games to lead team to a win.
- Recruit potential players.
- Monitor players’ grades to ensure they are all compliant with school and NCAA regulations.
- Manage and create training sessions to strengthen the team.
- Work with individual players to enhance skills and fix issues.
- Organize the schedule for each season.
- Manage and organize coaching staff.
- Counsel players as needed for issues on and off the court.
- Evaluate opposing teams to create effective coaching plans.
- Coach team through three state championship games in the playoffs.
- Won four state championships from 2012-2016 and State Coach of the Year in 2015.
- Trained and taught players essential skills.
- Managed coaching staff.
- Worked with school administrators on season schedules and recruiting.
- Ensured players’ grades and other eligibility criteria met regulations.
- Created practice schedules.
- Represented team at local events to fundraise.
- Assisted with coaching during games.
- Ran practices when head coach was doing individual training.
- Trained players in small groups.
- Established a new recording process for tracking players’ statistics.
- Supported other coaches to provide team with well-rounded coaching.
- Won Assistant Coach of the Year in 2007.
- Helped coach team to two state titles in 2007 and 2009.
- Assisted with assembly of league with coaches from nearby communities.
- Helped create season schedule.
- Managed the setup of gym use for practices and games with local schools.
- Taught players the fundamentals of the game.
- Led team to win the peewee league state title in 1998 and 1999.
- Received the Best Coach of the Year in 1999.
Volunteer coach and player for community men’s basketball team. Member of church choir and worship leader for children’s Sunday school classes. Participate in annual 5K run for breast cancer awareness.
Build Your CV
Basketball Coach CV Must-Haves
What Does a Basketball Coach Do?
A basketball coach manages a basketball team. This includes teaching players essential skills, creating plays, and monitoring opposing teams. Coaches may also recruit players and hold tryouts to create a team for each new season. Some coaches will also manage the fundraising efforts and financials of the team. Coaches may be found at every level of play, from peewee leagues to professional teams. Coaches usually have a personal background in playing basketball and are strong players of the game. As you can see in the basketball coach CV example, coaches may work their way up from coaching lower level teams to higher level teams. Coaches are also responsible for monitoring players and ensuring they are meeting any requirements needed to be eligible for the team. They may also act as counselors and assist players who may be having issues on the court or in their personal lives.
Tips for Creating a Great Basketball Coach CV
Here are some tips that can help you as you embark upon the creation of your own CV:
– Do make sure that you include quantifiable information wherever possible. This means using exact numbers and specific information that will show proof of your skills.
– You do not need to include your GPA, but you can list honors such as magna cum laude. If you are a recent graduate, though, you can list your GPA.
– Make good use of the hobbies and interests section to showcase what a well-rounded person you are. This section will give the hiring manager a chance to get to know you better, and it brings your CV to life, making you come across as a real person instead of a bunch of information on a piece of paper.
– Always double check your contact information. Make sure everything is spelled correctly and all numbers are given accurately.