Build Your CV
567 E Turner Road , Salt Lake City, UT 11111
E: carterlane@fastmail P: 555-444-3333
Expert business strategist with a sound understanding of organizational development and sales. Skilled communicator with over 20 years of experience providing companies with successful solutions to building organizational success. Persuasive negotiator who uses integrity and professionalism in presenting joint ventures, assessing acquisition opportunities, and identifying new markets. Innovative thinker who detects more efficient ways of growing company assets by recommending new products, revolutionizing current product offerings, and testing new market approaches.
- Expert strategist who uses research of competitors, market conditions, customer needs, and organizational core competencies to claim company success.
- Skilled communicator and negotiator who understands persuasive delivery and can confidently present sales pitches to potential partners and reports to board members.
- Confident salesman who combines enthusiasm, product knowledge, and customer assessment to pitch products in a way that increases brand awareness and encourages product loyalty.
- Accomplished understanding of financing activities, including budgeting, investing, and cost-cutting through careful analysis.
- Strong organization and time management skills and careful attention to detail to guarantee that business ventures are successful and development is absolute.
- Strategize ways to build market share, increase revenue, and acquire success through innovative developments in organizational structure.
- Facilitate sales presentations and communications for upcoming joint venture opportunities and collaborative business efforts.
- Identify ways to build brand awareness through engaging campaigns that establish the company reputation, incite curiosity, and inform potential customers.
- Establish product loyalty through continual efforts to build, re-brand, modify, and increase product offerings in a way that is honest, competitive, and true to the company mission.
- Managed four area market managers in their respective jurisdictions to verify market growth, accessibility, and areas of improvement.
- Evaluated competitors in terms of market share, product offering, recognizable strategies, and advertising efforts to determine strategies that would strengthen our company’s presence in those areas.
- Researched market conditions, including customer interest and availability, product need, economy volatility, access to resources, and shipping requirements, to make confident decisions in pursuing, maintaining, and strengthening market opportunities.
- Oversaw a group of five area sales managers and collaborated with each to identify the progress, opportunity, and condition of each jurisdiction.
- Lead monthly trainings for executive management to provide them with recent research on best practices, sales strategies, and competition movement.
- Contributed to the company recognizing a nearly 20 percent increase in yearly revenue through a recommended sales training to teach sales professionals about proper negotiation and closing tactics.
I am a volunteer professor for a lecture series at University of Utah where I teach students about the value of business development. I enjoy running and have finished 17 marathons. I spend my leisure time fishing and being with my family.
Build Your CV
Business Development Executive CV Must-Haves
What Does a Business Development Executive Do?
A business development executive is a central leader in the hierarchy of any organization. As a business development executive, your primary responsibility is to identify strategies that will further organizational initiatives, strengthen market presence, and position the company as a favorable partner for lucrative ventures. Primary responsibilities include researching market conditions and competitor movement, developing ideas for new products or complementary services, preparing and delivering sales pitches to other businesses, building brand awareness through engaging advertisement, and regularly assessing budgets and potential investment opportunities. The most successful leaders in this position are creative, punctual, confident communicators, strategists, and expert salespeople. This business development executive CV example shows how to incorporate your experience and skill set to reflect these types of responsibilities.
Tips for Creating a Great Business Development Executive CV
As you begin writing your curriculum vitae, here are some helpful tips to consider along the way:
– Demonstrate your understanding of researching practices and your attention to detail by incorporating keywords and phrases from the job description into your curriculum vitae.
– By carefully choosing the content you display in the Hobbies and Interests section, you can strengthen your position as a viable candidate by showcasing how you utilize your skills in other areas of your life.
– Utilize metrics wherever possible to deepen the meaning of generic responsibilities. For example, “Helped the company recognize a revenue increase” is a lot more compelling when phrased as it is in the example above: “Contributed to the company recognizing a nearly 20 percent increase in yearly revenue.”
– Being a business development executive is all about leadership. Begin each bullet in the Work Experience section with powerful action verbs, such as built, strategized, increased, lead, established, amplified, refined, or discovered.