Build Your CV
4242 N. Attica, Valiant, OK 88888
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 555-242-3993
Experienced CAD drafter seeking an advanced architectural position. Able to use multiple CAD programs, such as AutoCAD, VectorWorks, and DraftSight with experience learning new software as needed. Passionate about the continued use of technology to improve the design process and support creativity. Experienced in both civil and commercial design activities. Up-to-date on design and drafting best practices. Willing to travel and work flexible hours to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral formats.
- Able to read manuals and understand new software quickly.
- Critical thinker and problem solver with an eye for detail.
- Technologically savvy and motivated to stay up-to-date on new systems.
- Knowledgeable of common design problems and their solutions.
- Able to evaluate drafts on paper or on the computer for possible problems.
- Use CAD to lay out electrical grids in houses and commercial buildings.
- Part of a team where communication and coordination are key.
- Work as a rotating lead depending on where in the design process a project is.
- Ensure best practices are being used on shared design projects.
- Participated in work-study program where students apprentice to local drafters.
- Converted old drafts to newer software so archives would be up-to-date.
- Communicated between master drafter and clients about design needs.
- Studied the connection between hardware and software as it pertains to drafting.
- Rendered drawings of park remodels for use during fundraising campaign.
- Studied road proposals to find possible traffic problems.
- Presented interactive workshop for children at the library titled, “Where Do Roads Go?”
Interested in culinary arts and currently in a course for making sushi, nigiri, and sashimi. Frequently host dinner parties with friends to experiment with new recipes both local and international. Passionate about involving children in STEM at a young age. Present fun workshops at local libraries about architecture and civil engineering at least once a month. Working on a children’s book about the unseen layers of a house from the perspective of a mouse and her beetle friend.
Build Your CV
CAD Designer CV Must-Haves
What Does a CAD Designer Do?
Using CAD tools and software to draft designs is the main job responsibility of a CAD designer. These drafts may be for architecture, electrical systems or apparel. Architectural drafters use hand-drawn outlines to create a fully digital rendering of the building in question. This requires knowledge of CAD software and certain building principles. Depending on the designers involved, notes for this plan could be quite detailed or quite sketchy. Communication and attention to detail are two essential skills for a CAD designer, which is why you will see them highlighted in the above CAD designer CV example. Tailor your CV to the exact sort of design position you want with relevant education and work experience. This example and the accompanying tips are useful for editing an existing CV or making a new one.
Tips for Creating a Great CAD Designer CV
– When listing work experience, do not list the reason or reasons you left a position. This takes up unnecessary space and may paint you in a poor light.
– Be sure to include any technical hobbies you have. CAD has a long history, and recruiters like to see that you acknowledge and understand that.
– Take extra care to use different words to explain similar jobs. Repetition is difficult to read and may cause a recruiter to pass over your CV.
– Use bullet points for your work experience and skills. This is easier to read and lets a recruiter go right to what she or he is looking for.
– For old jobs, use past tense, but for current positions, use present tense.
– Only use known, industry abbreviations. Avoid using abbreviations of in-house software products or lesser known program suites.
– To proofread your CV, enlist the help of friends and colleagues. Read the CV out loud and have them read it for themselves.