Build Your CV
9079 Washington Street, Arvada, Colorado 11111
E: Edward.Smith@anymail T: 555-912-4957
Expert sales associate with years of experience in various aspects of customer service and marketing. I have worked directly with small and large clients, including fleet customers. Self-motivated and innovative, with a history of creating successful incentive and loyalty programs to improve sales numbers and client retention rates. Dedicated to helping team members provide excellent customer service while also meeting company sales goals.
- Exceptional communications skills to listen to each customer’s needs and make helpful recommendations.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of sales, including marketing, promotions, discounts, and incentives.
- Proficient in relevant computer programs, including Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale, and Microsoft Access
- In-depth knowledge of multiple makes and models of vehicles.
- Friendly personality that inspires confidence in customers and employees alike.
- Lead team of senior sales associates by delegating tasks and providing support to employees and clients as necessary.
- Support sales associates daily by advising on company protocols and providing additional contact with clients.
- Increased profits 15 percent over 12 months by creating new incentive program for employees to meet sales goals.
- Managed commercial fleet accounts, including making routine calls to verify inventory and process orders.
- Attended trade shows and conferences to generate new sales leads and maintain face-to-face relationships with clients.
- Trained junior sales associates through group classes and one-on-one mentoring.
- Worked with advertising and accounting departments to create promotional programs for new customers to meet sales goals.
- Created loyalty program to maintain current clients that resulted 40 percent increase in annual account renewals.
- Interacted with potential customers to collect information and encourage purchases.
- Communicated with previous customers to verify satisfaction and initiate additional sales.
- Participated in mentorship program with senior salesman to learn proper etiquette and sales techniques.
- Helped organize annual customer appreciation events, including managing guest list and contacting external vendors.
- Graduated from mentorship program one month early due to outstanding sales record.
- Greeted customers and ensured a positive shopping experience by answering questions, recommending styles and sizes, and accepting payment for purchases.
- Facilitated merchandise returns according to store policy and provided recommendations for clothing exchanges.
- Handled complaints in a calm and professional manner, and referred customers to managers when necessary.
- Earned Part-Time Employee of the Month Award three times.
Compete in several triathlons around the state every year. Restore vintage cars and belong to a classic car collector’s club. Working on a research project to complete my family tree. Participate in automobile show portion of the annual county fair.
Build Your CV
Car Sales Manager CV Must-Haves
What Does a Car Sales Manager Do?
A car sales manager position usually combines several roles, including interacting with customers, overseeing sales associates, and coordinating with other departments. You may be responsible for greeting customers, answering questions, and resolving complaints. Other tasks may include managing the sales staff schedule and working with the advertising department to ensure adequate staff for busy promotions. You may serve as a supervisor for certain transactions and train junior sales associates in technique and standard practices. Perhaps the most important part of your job is creating an atmosphere in which customers are satisfied and company sales goals are achieved. As you can see in the car sales manager CV example, it’s essential to showcase both sales performance and management soft skills. Use your Work History and Professional Summary sections to highlight specific examples of excellence in both areas.
Tips for Creating a Great Car Sales Manager CV
Strong, error-free writing helps ensure you make an excellent impression with your CV. Here are some important tips:
– Start each bullet in the Work History section with a specific verb that conveys information succinctly without requiring superfluous writing. Good actions words for a car sales manager include oversaw, improved, organized, and increased. Avoid the phrase responsible for in your writing.
– Use metrics when possible to describe your previous successes. For example, you can use quantifiable data when discussing past sales performance and customer satisfaction ratings.
– Follow standard formatting rules to make your CV easy to read. Write in reverse chronological order for your Work History section and use past tense for bullets except those describing your current job.
– Use the Hobbies and Interests section to give your DV personality, but avoid mentioning topics that are controversial, such as politics.