When the future of your career is at stake, applying for new jobs can be a stressful process. Your curriculum vitae is the most important part of your application, as it is often the determining factor in whether you get called for an interview. You want a CV that will help employers understand why you are a great candidate. Our clear and helpful car salesman CV example with its accompanying tips takes out the stress and guesswork. Using our example will help you get the format right, to decide which information to include, and the best way to organize it.
Build My CV
1298 Main Street, Brookdale, OH 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-982-2998
High achiever with over 10 years’ experience in car sales. Awarded “Salesman of the Year” for five years running. Consistently exceed projected annual sales numbers. Flexible, persistent negotiator with a track record of closing deals. Energetic, motivated professional with thorough knowledge of the vehicles available on today’s market. Committed to working with customers to find the best fit and package for them. Creative in coming up with fresh and effective approaches towards attracting and retaining customers. Organized and detail-oriented, ensured timely documentation or orders and sales. Constantly took initiative in reaching out to new customers and keeping in touch with repeat customers.
- Determined negotiator
- Focused, goal-oriented salesman motivated to meet and exceed goals
- Friendly, professional demeanor at all times
- Able to find the right approach even to the most difficult customers
- Organized and efficient communicator
- Highly motivated
- Adept at developing effective sales strategies
- Up to date on today’s available vehicles, pricing strategies, and leasing options
- Work with customers to determine best purchase for their needs.
- Recommend and plan promotions and publicity campaigns.
- Follow up with customers by phone and e-mail.
- Negotiate pricing and add-on purchases.
- Maintain complete records of sales and orders.
- Ensure appropriate display of cars.
- Research new vehicles, leasing programs, and pricing schemes.
- Attend tradeshows in order to further professional knowledge.
- Initiated and maintained relationship with customers.
- Presented customers with full range of options.
- Negotiated pricing, specials, and purchase packages.
- Maintained showroom in excellent condition.
- Liaised with management and suppliers to keep track of orders and promotions.
- Developed specialized approaches for selling to target demographics.
- Managed ordering and sales paperwork.k
- Contacted customers by e-mail, phone, and in person.
- Showed customers the vehicles that were best for their needs and explained various features and how to use them.
- Explained payment options and financing terms.
- Communicated with management about ongoing orders.
- Ensured that all paperwork was complete and accessible.
I am an amateur league baseball player; I volunteer as a youth coach at a local after-school program. I also enjoy tennis, hiking, and swimming.
Build My CV
Car Salesman CV Must-Haves
What Does a Car Salesman Do?
A car salesman’s main job duty is to sell vehicles. Depending on the type of dealership you work for, you may sell a wide variety of vehicles or specialize in a particular type. An important part of this job is tailoring your knowledge and sales technique to the customers you want to reach. This means maintaining a thorough knowledge of the cars you offer. People skills are key to creating rapport with many different types of customers. A great salesman understands each customer’s specific concerns and needs. If you work for dealerships specializing in particular types of vehicles, such as sports or luxury, you will need to develop your knowledge of this particular market. As our car salesman CV example shows, you also need to possess the skills necessary to perform essential support tasks, such as keeping your paperwork in order and making sure the showroom is in great condition.
Tips for Creating a Great Car Salesman CV
Now that you have reviewed a strong sample CV, use these additional insights to structure your own impressive document:
– Experienced applicants should list their work experience using reverse chronology, with the most recent employer listed first. This helps potential employers get a picture of your current abilities right away.
– Customize each CV based on the particular employer you send it to. The job posting should give you a good idea as to an employer’s priorities and preferences, allowing you to tailor your language and highlight your matching qualifications.
– Your Personal Summary is the first section employers see, so make sure you start off with your strongest professional attributes and achievements.
– While you want to put your sales skills front and center, do not forget to include other responsibilities. Employers want to hire strong salesmen who also understand the importance of “minor” yet essential tasks like dealing with paperwork.
– Remember to review your CV carefully before sending it out. Even a minor misstep like an extra space or a misspelled word can create an unfavorable impression.