Build Your CV
37292 South Lomita Boulevard , Salt Lake City, UT 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-372-3729
Compassionate caregiver who knows how to keep a level head during emergencies. Able to provide a number of services to patients to make them feel comfortable and safe at all times. Possess certification in first aid techniques as well as CPR. Excel at exemplifying proper bedside manner. Specialization in looking after elderly patients.
- Calm, upbeat demeanor to give patients more than just a caregiver but to give them a friend
- Active listening skills to take my time to understand what a patient is trying to communicate
- Capability to monitor effectively and tell when something needs to be changed to a patient’s routine
- Exceptional cooking skills to accommodate any diet restrictions
- Familiarity with medical software
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Knowledge on how to use a glucometer, electronic blood pressure unit, oxygen equipment, and a variety of other medical devices
- Assist patient with getting out of bed in the morning and helping her get dressed.
- Bathe patient, and check individual’s vitals first thing during this time.
- Perform a variety of chores for the patient such as doing laundry, going to store to purchase groceries, and directing proper use of medication.
- Offer transportation to patient so she can continue being an active member of the community.
- Prepare meals for the patient so she can keep a healthy, balanced diet.
- Administered personal hygiene assistance to patients at their bedside.
- Maintained clients’ records, and retrieved them when asked by supervisor.
- Trained family members on how to care for loved one when staying with them, and showed people how to perform the basics of CPR.
- Collaborated with other healthcare professionals, such as physiotherapists, to give patients more adequate care.
- Helped patients with personal care, which included washing bed linens, washing clothing, and ironing clothing.
- Directed patients how to use new medical devices, such as a new prosthetic or crutches.
- Offered companionship to patients, and played games with them or read to them.
- Massaged patients to offer comfort or to apply a specific treatment.
When I am not caring for the elderly, I enjoy being a tutor for children on the weekends. Some children require extensive help with their work while others are just looking for someone to read to them. I am always willing to offer my help with anything asked of me, and many of the children I have tutored over the years have gone on to excel in the classroom.
Build Your CV
Caregiver CV Must-Haves
What Does a Caregiver Do?
Caregivers might work for an individual or for an assisted care facility, but they need to perform a variety of tasks at either job. Some of the more typical responsibilities associated with this job include dressing patients, bathing individuals, helping patients take the proper dosage of medication, preparing meals for people, and driving patients to doctor appointments. Aside from all that, caregivers are expected to be a true companion to the people they look after. You may also be expected to spend time with patients so they do not get lonely. You may need to offer support to patients who need to go to the doctor’s office and be supportive when less-than-stellar news is given. You can get a sense of additional tasks that need to be performed by reviewing the caregiver CV example above.
Tips for Creating a Great Caregiver CV
Now that you know how to get started, here are some tips to implement to take your CV to a higher level:
-The Professional Summary should include personality traits as well as skills and experiences. Caregivers need to be valuable companions, so mentioning your capacity for friendliness or compassion can come in handy.
-Write out your previous responsibilities using bullet points in the Work Experience section. It will be easier for the hiring manager to read.
-If you desire, you can leave out your date of graduation if you do not want to give away a general sense of how old you are.
-Include any certifications you possess or associations you belong to.
-Under Skills, mention any equipment you know how to use or your expertise in other areas you did not get a chance to talk about under Work Experience.