Build Your CV
123 Main Street, Los Angeles, CA 11111
E: JaneDoe@anymail P: 555-111-1111
Experienced Cisco Certified Network Associate with extensive background in network routing and switching. Expert in the installation and configuration of local and wide area networks. Able to build, maintain, and monitor secured network systems. Experienced in ensuring efficient network operation at all times to prevent user and website outages. Able to assist in the initial analysis, design, planning, and coordination of LAN and WAN network systems.
- Extensive critical thinking skills used to identify and resolve computer and network problems through the power of reasoning and deduction to lead to the most applicable approach.
- Advanced language comprehension in computer languages and English reading, speaking, and writing (native tongue).
- Advanced systems analysis, including designing system flow and incorporating changes to conditions when and where necessary.
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities that identify complex issues, review possible solutions, and implement those solutions.
- Ability to assess computer networking needs, including relative costs, and implement beneficial actions for the company and all users.
- Analyze corporate need for LAN computer networking systems.
- Design and present recommendations for required hardware, software, and system configuration.
- Purchase approved hardware and software, and install networking system, including user stations.
- Configure and test network and each workstation.
- Monitor and maintain system at all times to ensure zero outages.
- Backed up network regularly and implemented disaster recovery options when needed.
- Tested hardware and software regularly.
- Diagnosed and resolved hardware, software, and networking issues.
- Replaced hardware when needed.
- Implemented and monitored network security measures including data protection, secured email configuration, and malware, spyware, and viral protection.
- Trained users on computer, voice mail, and other networking equipment.
- Liaised with users to solve any existing system problems they were experiencing.
- Provided technical support for all networked devices, including computers and voice systems.
- Tested network, shut down, startup, and functionality, and maintained control and functionality logs.
- Inventoried parts for emergency repairs and made repairs when necessary.
I spend my vacation time each year traveling to third-world countries and helping nonprofit organizations build information technology structures to further develop these countries and their people. During my free time, I can be found at the park playing basketball with my friends or online engaged in a vicious World of Warcraft battle.
Build Your CV
CCNA CV Must-Haves
What Does a CCNA Do?
A Cisco Certified Network Associate is responsible for setting up hardware and installing, configuring, and maintaining a medium-sized routed and switched network. This includes the ability to troubleshoot the entire network, and implement and verify wide area network connections. A CCNA must specialize in any of the seven technology paths, e.g. design, network security, routing and switching, service provider, storage networking, voice, or wireless. Use the CCNA CV example to determine where you should list your expertise in one of these seven areas. For example, include how you’ve used your expertise in the Work Experience section, and your abilities within your specialty in the Skills section.
Tips for Creating a Great CCNA CV
Use these tips to write a great CCNA CV that will catch the eye of recruiters and get you that phone call for the interview:
– Make certain your Personal Summary is clear and concise. You must draw your reader in and educate him or her quickly by highlighting the best facets of your experience and skills.
– Don’t begin your bullets points in Work History with phrases like “responsible for.” Keep the recruiter enticed by introducing each bullet point with actionable verbs. Make certain you highlight your CCNA experience at your current and former employers.
– Demonstrate your ability to analyze, problem-solve, and implement network systems and solutions for all users company-wide and remotely. Show how you’ve enabled each of your employers to incorporation Cisco Certified Networking to its advantage.
– Provide details, such as the network size and number of users on each network that you’ve managed.
– Don’t provide personal details aside from the required information. Keep your Hobbies and Interests section generic, and avoid climbing onto a soapbox to use the section as a venting forum.