Build Your CV
78632 Crown Street, Glenville, CA 11111
E. firstname.lastname@example.org P. 555-987-2387
Focused, organized driver with great safety record and many years of experience driving for established companies. Top driving skills. Deeply familiar with all applicable state and federal safety guidelines, including regulations concerning hazardous freight and bulk liquids. Excellent driver who plans trips for maximum efficiency. Great communication skills, friendly and professional demeanor at all times. Always up to date with all necessary paperwork. Able to climb tanker ladders, work at elevated heights, lift and carry items weighing up to 100 pounds. Familiar with basic relevant auto mechanics, able to recognize problems with vehicle and deal with them appropriately and timely.
- Pick up and deliver freight nationwide.
- Fill out and deliver all necessary paperwork.
- Troubleshoot problems with delivery and make arrangements for optimal outcomes.
- Maintain logbooks and other records demanded by safety regulations.
- Contribute to company’s growth by ensuring that product is delivered on time and in good condition.
- Load and unload product.
- Work with company office personnel to ensure optimal scheduling.
- Loaded freight onto truck.
- Delivered product to customers throughout the nation.
- Unloaded product and completed relevant paperwork.
- Maintained logbooks as per DOT regulations.
- Ensured cleanliness and good condition of vehicle.
- Saved company costs by monitoring truck performance and requesting maintenance and inspection when necessary.
- Stayed up to date with relevant safety regulations.
- Delivered liquid freight to locations throughout the country.
- Studied and adhered to regulations governing the proper transport of liquid materials, including propane and anhydrous ammonia.
- Maintained vehicles in proper conditions of cleanliness and repair at all times.
- Increased efficiency of deliveries by keeping to schedule and ensuring safe driving.
I enjoy listening to classical music and attending concerts in my spare time. I am currently learning French through an online program. I also love nature walks and the beach.
Build Your CV
Company Driver CV Must-Haves
What Does a Company Driver Do?
A company driver operates trucks that deliver freight. These may range from small trucks delivering locally to big rigs that drive across the whole country. Thus, great driving skills are an essential requirement. This job will need you to drive safely for long stretches, sometimes in difficult weather or traffic conditions. You will need to use your judgment and your knowledge of safety rules to make appropriate decisions that will allow you to deliver your load safely and on time. As you see in our company driver CV example, in addition to transporting the product, the driver’s responsibilities may include loading and unloading, completing paperwork, and keeping the vehicle in good condition. While you do not need to be a professional mechanic, it is desirable to be able to identify potential problems early on, to perform minor repairs, and to get professional help when necessary.
Tips for Creating a Great Company Driver CV
Once you have reviewed our CV example, check out the following advice for making sure your CV is the best it can be:
– Show that you understand the big picture. While most of a driver’s tasks are fairly mechanistic, employers want applicants who understand how their performance affects the total wellbeing of the company. For example, instead of stating that you delivered freight on time, emphasize that your timely deliveries increased customer satisfaction and enabled your company to retain customers.
– Read the job description carefully so you understand what is most important to the employer. If the description contains several references to safety and knowledge of DOT regulations, your CV should emphasize your sterling driving record.
– Some people believe that for a job such as a company driver, the CV is less important than other factors, such as references. This is often not the case. If an employer requires you to submit a CV, you can assume that you should put every effort into making sure your CV is properly formatted, informative, and error-free.