Build Your CV
4673 Front Street, Lansing, MI 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-362-4209
Highly skilled financial guru with a knack for taking companies in more positive directions with their finances. Professional cost controller with more than 16 years of experience working in a supervisory role. Excellent ability to make sound recommendations about spending, budgets, and billing, which have helped companies improve their profit margins significantly. Strong understanding of federal, state, and local financial standards, tax regulations, and best practices in budgeting. Exceptional ability in financial analysis, auditing, and policy design.
- Supervise a team of bookkeepers, accountants, and other administrative workers in all financial tasks for a business with more than 3,000 employees.
- Prepare a quarterly budget after consulting with upper management that addresses company objectives for profitability and waste reduction.
- Review the performance and status of each aspect of the company’s finances and take action when necessary.
- Managed a team of seven financial services employees in the accounting department of a non-profit organization and delegated duties based on strengths.
- Evaluated employee performance in the department and made recommendations for recognition or review when needed.
- Saved the organization $25,000 during the last calendar year by designing a new accountability system for entering in purchase orders.
- Created new guidelines to help a non-profit organization manage donations and grants more effectively, leading to a 40 percent increase in services rendered for the community.
- Assessed how the organization followed all federal, state, and local regulations to achieve a high level of transparency with operations and management.
- Partnered with banking professionals, tax experts, and other financial personnel to further enhance financial resources.
The most important hobby in my life is my volunteer role playing a princess at children’s parties or hospital visits. I have a collection of famous princess costumes and wigs and am able to take on the role of each princess easily. I travel to parties and hospitals and visit with children. During my visits, I tell stories, hold tea parties, perform songs, or help children dress up as princes or princesses.
Build Your CV
Cost Controller CV Must-Haves
What Does a Cost Controller Do?
In the cost controller CV example, there are plenty of typical job duties spread out throughout the document. Getting a job in this role means you may act as a supervisor for a team of employees in an accounting or finance department. Cost controllers monitor their team of employees for effective work and efficient practices. They are responsible for determining the direction of a company in regards to finances and budgetary practices. They may prepare reports detailing past results or develop future recommendations based on past performance. These leaders often work with other members of the management team to make the best decisions about improving the financial performance of an organization. They also make sure the organization is compliant when it comes to financial regulations and local laws.
Tips for Creating a Great Cost Controller CV
It is possible to make a great impression if you go beyond the basics of a well-written CV. Here are some ways to craft a great document for the financial industry:
– Insert relevant quantities and metrics throughout your CV to demonstrate how you’ve helped companies save money, improve their finances, and more in your role.
– Make a list of the computer accounting software programs you have expertise in to prove you are prepared to work in the 21st century.
– Provide evidence of your strong ability to lead a team of professionals and give examples of your success in this topic.
– Ensure you use a variety of clear, compelling action verbs throughout your work history to truly make a strong impression on the hiring manager.
– Maintain a professional tone in your CV by focusing on your accomplishments and veering away from any type of political or religious views.