Build Your CV
6959 Morse Way, Phoenix, AZ 22222
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 999-999-9394
Professional and thorough clinical research assistant with more than 10 years of experience in a wide variety of research situations. Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal speaking and comprehension skills. Thorough, detail-oriented, and able to manage time wisely. Strives to be friendly and upbeat to facilitate a comfortable working environment for all involved.
- Maintains research records, including regulatory forms, records of drug dispensation, and case reports.
- Monitors studies to ensure patients and researchers are complying with institutional, local, state, and federal protocols.
- Assesses patients to determine eligibility for specific studies based on interviews, medical history, and discussion with researchers.
- Established and maintained relationships between clients and researchers to ensure a productive and cooperative research environment.
- Recorded information and interpreted its meaning to create reports for researchers to use when determining how to proceed with the study.
- Developed teams of patients to participate in specific research studies, and communicated expectations and benefits with them to prepare them for the study.
- Oversaw patients by recording reactions to drug trials, including allergies, illnesses, and how patients felt both physically and emotionally.
- Maintained patient records and study information using a wide range of computer hardware and software to enter and process data.
- Trained new clinical research associates on office procedures, patient interaction, and computer programs related to research studies.
In my spare time, I enjoy reading medical journals and other research publications to learn about advances in the medical field. I also like to volunteer to read to pediatric and geriatric patients at the local hospital. Hiking, baking low-carb treats, and swimming take up most of the rest of my time.
Build Your CV
CRA CV Must-Haves
What Does a CRA Do?
A clinical research assistant is responsible for assisting researchers in planning, directing, and otherwise coordinating clinical research projects. They assist researchers in finding patients who have the appropriate physical and mental health history to participate in particular studies and then assist in ensuring all researchers and patients are in compliance with protocols, including those of the institution as well as local, state, and federal governing authorities. In many cases, CRAs are responsible for evaluating and analyzing data and providing preliminary results to researchers. The attached CRA CV example PDF goes into more detail regarding expected job duties and qualifications. Use it in conjunction with the following guidelines when creating your own CV.
Tips for Creating a Great CRA CV
Implement these guidelines on your CV to ensure it is professional and gains the attention of hiring managers.
– Do use proper formatting. Include paragraphs for the professional summary and hobbies and interests, but use bullet points for most other information. This makes it easy for hiring managers to skim for the most important information.
– Do not include information that is too personal, such as your sexual orientation, political views, or religious views. Avoid anything controversial.
– Do use strong action words that show the type of work you did. Avoid using phrases such as responsible for.
– Do not include irrelevant information, such as your GPA, high school information, or clubs you belonged to that do not benefit your current career path.
– Do proofread your work thoroughly and multiple times to ensure all information is correct and that there are no spelling or grammatical errors.