Build Your CV
1234 Tooth Way, Seattle, WA 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-987-1234
Reliable Certified Dental Technician with 12 years of experience and a track record of maintaining the highest standards in creating oral appliances per dentists’ prescriptions according to ADA guidelines. Fully competent in all aspects of dental fabrication, including applying the latest dental lab research-based technology to building new appliances. Work well with others by easily and effectively communicating, maintaining strong workplace ethics, and thinking critically to solve problems.
- Develop die and model work for the creation of crowns and bridges.
- Manage quality control over all porcelain crowns and bridgework and resolve any issues that arise.
- Build porcelain crowns, perform opaque procedures, and wax bridgework designs.
- Improved invoice system, which led to more timely client receivables and increased client satisfaction.
- Evaluated cost-benefit analysis of materials and supplies and reduced costs by 10 percent over 15 months.
- Oversee team of eight dental technicians in the department.
- Created models of the teeth and mouth per dentist instructions.
- Built aesthetic and functional cosmetic orthodontic appliances.
- Trained new team members in the application of new dental technology.
- Polished and maintained high-end titanium restorations under a microscope.
- Fabricated dental implants, dentures, bridges, crowns, and inlays based on specific instructions to meet client needs.
- Read prescriptions carefully to ensure accuracy in production.
- Assisted with installation of crowns and building wax replicas.
When I am not in the lab, I enjoy spending time with family and friends, reading the latest Stephen King novel, or playing video games with my kids. You can often find me doing the Sunday crossword or catching up on the latest political issues we face both locally and nationally. I am happy to volunteer my services for low income patients at least once a month.
Build Your CV
Dental Technician CV Must-Haves
What Does a Dental Technician Do?
A dental technician is tasked with constructing and repairing dental appliances for patients. They develop and repair dentures, bridges and crowns, braces, and retainers per dental professionals’ guidelines and in accordance with ADA standards. They must use porcelain, plastic, gold, and titanium in the production of these items, which are often essential for patients to attain normal function and aesthetics. Dental technicians must have a great attention to detail, work well as part of a team, and have a great understanding of the material they use to create specific items. When writing your CV, be sure to include your detailed understanding and experience working with the fabrication of bridges, crowns, and other appliances. It may also be a good idea to show your attention to detail, dexterity, and time management skills. You can gain a better understanding of what to include by viewing our dental technician CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Dental Technician CV
Keep the following tips in mind as you craft your dental technician CV:
-Dental technicians have a very technical job that requires a lot of education and knowledge. Highlight your technology skills, particularly any work with CAD/CAM and other relevant software to show you are prepared for the job at hand.
-Keep your resume professional but personable. A CV is designed to give you a little more life and chance at demonstrating who you are, so take that ability and get the most out of it.
-Do not include anything that could be considered political, religious, or otherwise controversial on your CV. It only puts you and the hiring manager in an awkward and potentially difficult position. If you would like to include volunteer time you spent at a church, be nondenominational and as general as possible.
-Always proof your CV. Read it through at least three times, and have a friend search it for problems like spelling, comma usage, and flow.