Build Your CV
6543 Lily Avenue, Denver, Colorado 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-879-3425
Exceptional dermatologist with years of experience diagnosing and treating a variety of skin conditions. Excel at being kind and understanding to patients when bad news needs to be delivered. Proficient in a variety of treatments, including laser therapy and injecting Botox safely. Able to lead a team and work with a staff who knows what they are supposed to do and is happy to do it.
- Diagnose numerous types of skin problems, including melanoma, blue nevi, psoriasis, congenital nevi, and numerous other health problems.
- Perform a variety of treatments, and refer patients to the proper medical authority when something is beyond my means to treat.
- Record health backgrounds of all patients to recommend certain tests and treatments.
- Conduct various cosmetic procedures, such as a chemical peel, to enhance the aesthetic of a client’s skin.
- Assign tasks to interns and evaluate performances regularly.
- Examined patients and consulted with lead dermatologist to determine best course of action.
- Worked with head dermatologist to perform tattoo removals and chemical peels on patients.
- Obtained consent forms from patients and utilized friendly demeanor to make patients feel more comfortable to provide sensitive information.
- Recorded patients’ health histories, weights, heights, and other pertinent information.
- Prepared patients for treatments by informing them of exactly what would be happening.
- Discussed with patients what they needed to do at home and what medications they needed to take to treat a specific problem.
- Spoke with patients’ families to inform them of what they could do to make the process easier.
Lately, most of my free time has been spent with my newborn daughter. However, I have been trying to be more involved in the community, and I recently participated in a city-wide cleanup effort to get trash off the streets.
Build Your CV
Dermatologist CV Must-Haves
What Does a Dermatologist Do?
Regardless if you have worked as a dermatologist in the past or a similar position, you need to show that you are perfectly capable of handling the responsibilities associated with the role. Some of the more common tasks include diagnosing skin conditions, performing treatments, prescribing medications, counselling patients on what they need to do in the future, and conducting clinical research. You should also be skilled with assigning responsibilities to other people on your team. A dermatologist also needs to know when to refer a patient to another healthcare professional. If you want to specialize in a specific dermatological field, then you may also be expected to perform some cosmetic procedures such as microdermabrasion, laser resurfacing, and liposuction. The more specific you can be with the treatments you are familiar with, the more attractive your CV will be. Use the dermatologist CV example above as your personal guide.
Tips for Creating a Great Dermatologist CV
Remember the following tips as you write your next professional CV:
-Your CV’s Professional Summary should include a mix of personal skills and technical expertise to highlight your capability to handle any part of the job.
-It is perfectly acceptable to use sentence fragments in your CV, and you only need to have between four and six of them per entry.
-Begin with your most recent position in your Work Experience section, so a hiring manager immediately knows where you are in your professional career now.
-Always begin each bullet point in the Work Experience section with a powerful verb to immediately draw the reader in.
-Look into what your state requires a dermatologist to be qualified in beforehand, and state that you have completed all those certifications within your CV.
-State computer knowledge within the Skills section to demonstrate your technical prowess in the area.