Whether you’ve written 10 CVs or none, you can always benefit from a review of the standards and conventions that dictate the genre. Your curriculum vitae is an essential part of the interview process, so crafting it well should be a top priority. Luckily, you can find plenty of tips on how to do so throughout our designer CV example. Reviewing the provided sample can help you formulate your own ideas and get started on composing a CV that will impress and entice prospective employers.
Build Your CV
3434 W. 4th St. ,Appalachia, CA 11111
T: 555-928 E: email@example.com
Professional designer with six years of experience in various fields and environments. Skilled in the full Adobe suite, including applications such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Specializing in the development and creative execution of campaigns for corporations, nonprofits, and other promotional entities. Also skilled in the creation and execution of graphics for web and design application projects across different platforms. Dedicated to partnering and collaborating with team members in order to create optimal results on design projects and foster an environment of teamwork.
- Oversee creative development of campaigns for clients and provide direction for the look and execution of all campaign materials.
- Serve as clients’ contact point for feedback regarding development of campaign and pass along directives to the rest of the design team.
- Provide feedback, training, and guidance to all other members of design team in order to optimize performance and get improved results on projects.
- Worked with design team to execute design projects and implemented directives passed down from management.
- Reported to management on the overall progress and execution of projects handled by the design team.
- Worked with team members to redirect projects and conform more closely to clients’ expectations in cases where this was a necessity.
- Worked directly on campaigns for company’s advertising and web presence by designing graphics and layouts.
- Collaborated with teammates to develop innovative design ideas that fit the needs and branding of the company.
In my spare time, I enjoy various activities. I volunteer at a local retirement home to teach seniors essential computer skills and introduce them to the basics of graphic design, and I also blog about design and share tips, tricks, and ideas for projects with followers through blogging platform. When I am not busy with those activities, I design posters for local concerts and events that take place at venues throughout the city and surrounding areas, or create art projects with graphic design skills and share them in shows, online, and in galleries when the opportunity arises.
Build Your CV
Designer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Designer Do?
The term designer can refer to any number of different jobs. Perhaps most commonly, however, it refers to a professional who works in graphic design by conceptualizing and creating designs and graphics according to the task at hand. You will typically be responsible for drafting ideas for the look, layout, and color scheme of graphics. Designers may work across a range of mediums, including print, web, mobile, and many other formats. Regardless of what task is given, designers must professionally create engaging and visually interesting images in order to facilitate the purposes of the company or clients they are creating this work for. You can demonstrate that you do all of these things by reviewing the contents of our designer CV example. Doing so may help you better understand how to integrate these elements into your own CV and truly make them your own.
Tips for Creating a Great Designer CV
After reviewing the designer CV and the ideas contained above, you should have a good idea of where to start with yours. These tips provide even more guidance if you need some directed advice for making your CV the best it can be:
– Do mention the programs and applications you are most skilled in using when you take on design work.
– Don’t mention any programs you would be not comfortable and confident using on a daily basis.
– Do include examples of the various mediums you have previously designed for as well as the specific platforms in which you are skilled.
– Don’t neglect to highlight any managerial experience you have in the design field wherein you have led projects, supervised a team, or developed campaigns.