Build Your CV
1000 Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX 12345
E: email@example.com P: 555-500-5000
Skilled distribution expert with more than 10 years of experience in storage and logistics. Committed team player with practice both in management and being managed. Skilled with different database software to keep track of inventory location, requests and movement. Able to operate numerous standard warehouse machines. Willing to travel and work extended hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintained a safe work environment with no accidents or injuries.
- Coordinated shipment times to increase efficient unpacking and storage.
- Supervised new hires and taught them to use heavy machinery.
- Independently tackled problems as they arose.
- Led workshops for local students interested in logistics and distribution.
- Analyzed transportation schedule and modified to decrease costs by 10 percent.
- Updated paper filing system into a digital one and created accompanying training guide.
- Prepared reports to keep track of material use, machine maintenance, and part requests.
- Advised in-house software creation team about daily uses and what interface models are more efficient to work with.
- Organized shipping schedules from port to warehouse to customer.
- Modified shipping schedules to minimize customer wait times.
- Examined multiple inventory reports to find discrepancies.
- Promoted twice from associate to team leader to director for exemplar service record, experience and demonstrating leadership skills.
- Mastered multiple warehouse equipment, such as forklifts and manual stackers.
- Studied floor layouts to increase speed and efficiency when gathering and moving storage items.
- Maintained shelving and put in regular part requests to ensure safety and stability.
- Assisted in warehouse expansion and reworking delivery schedules to take advantage of increased space.
Involved in the local model train society and in charge of setting up movable demos for local schools. Marathon runner and advocate for local greenways. Interested in near-future science fiction novels and movies. Frequent attendee of local, independent plays and concerts.
Build Your CV
Distribution CV Must-Haves
What Does Distribution Do?
Distribution refers to the way goods and materials are transported from one place to another or stored for later use. Employees in this field need to have a good sense of their environment and attention to detail. Daily activities vary from phone use to direct customer interaction, and digital inventory record keeping to active manipulation of product. Some skills to highlight for your CV include critical thinking skills, problem solving, mathematical knowledge, physical and mental endurance, team work, and communication. If you have received special logistics training or certification, include that as well. In the above distribution CV example, you will see many of these traits included in the Work Experience and Skills sections. Along with the example, there are tips below to help improve every aspect of your CV.
Tips for Creating a Great Distribution CV
– Whenever possible, use metrics to describe your work accomplishments. Some examples include a safety record or customer satisfaction rating.
– The numbers you use in your CV, expect for dates, should be spelled out when less than 10. Numbers greater than 10 need to be written in numeral form.
– If you have many similar jobs, do not use the same words too much. Spend time to find something unique about each job and use a thesaurus to vary repeated words.
– In your work experience, do not include your reason for leaving that job. This is not necessary in a CV and should only be brought up when asked for.
– If you took any special courses that are not standard for your degree, include this in your Education and Training section.
– Double check everything in your CV. Read your CV out loud to yourself and others. This is a great way to catch typos that may otherwise be overlooked.
– Avoid using personal pronouns, especially in your work experience and personal summary. This quickly becomes repetitive to read.