Build Your CV
457 Lindbrook Lane, St. Paul, MN 11111
E: j.thomas@anymail. P: 555-623-9482
Skilled doctor with 19 years’ experience in internal medicine. Focus on common ailments, such as hypertension; influenza; and problems affecting the lungs, brain, gastrointestinal tract, and kidneys. Specialty in diabetes care and management. Extremely personable and able to communicate with patients effectively. Strong scientific background and the ability to apply it to patients with varying issues.
- Meet with patients to address concerns, from adolescents through geriatric patients.
- Provide whole-body wellness care tailored to each individual patient.
- Prescribe and administer medications and explain and conduct procedures.
- Inform patients and family members about self-care regimens to help treat acute and chronic conditions.
- Thoroughly treat patients with diabetes, including testing, monitoring, advising, and offering medications.
- Treated patients by listening to concerns, reviewing patient records, and performing thorough examinations.
- Administered medications, dressed small wounds, and provided referrals to specialists.
- Kept up-to-date records for each patient through entering, storing, and maintaining information.
- Analyzed tests and procedures for accurate diagnoses and effectively communicated these diagnoses to patients.
- Diagnosed patients through observation, patient concerns, and examinations.
- Conferred with attending physicians in order to provide expert care.
- Shadowed attending physicians for thorough training; listened and observed intently.
- Received recognition for exceptional service in competitive program.
- Dressed wounds and administered intravenous medications.
Enjoy participating in local races, including 5Ks and 10Ks. Regularly bike on the weekends. Avid cook and participant in private cooking classes to increase mastery of healthy dishes. Snowboard often in the winter.
Build Your CV
Doctor CV Must-Haves
What Does a Doctor Do?
A doctor meets with patients to treat acute and chronic conditions. Doctors perform evaluations and examinations in order to provide comprehensive care and to screen for conditions that need medical attention. Many doctors have specific specialties, such as gastroenterology, immunology, podiatry, sports medicine, and naturopathy. Pediatric doctors work primarily with children, family physicians usually work with patients of all ages, and general doctors or internists most often work with teens and adults. Doctors can work in a variety of settings, including private practices, clinics, and hospitals. They may work with recurring patients, or they may provide acute, single-visit care. When writing your CV, be sure to list important skills and qualities necessary for a doctor. These include the ability to listen and provide emotional support, utilize deductive reasoning, and make potentially life-saving decisions. Our doctor CV example demonstrates how to properly sell yourself to an employer.
Tips for Creating a Great Doctor CV
Reference the helpful tips below for writing your own competitive doctor CV:
-List soft skills, as well as organizational, digital, and job-related skills.
-Use a standard font, no small than 10-point; you want your document to be easy to read quickly.
-Double check your personal information, including your phone number and email address; if you have one number, don’t repeat it for both “cell” and “home.”
-Use fragmented sentences for easy readability and to rid your CV of fluff.
-When listing your work experience, include the name and address of the employer, your job title, and the dates of employment.
-List your most recent work experience first, using present tense for current jobs and past tense for previous positions.
-Use bullet points to list your job duties, and be as specific as possible.
-For both your job duties and skills, start each phrase with an action verb, such as “implemented” or “streamlined.”
-List relevant internships, awards, and certificates in the Education and Training section, the Work Experience section, or in a separate “Certification” section.