Build Your CV
12 New Haven Drive , Landover, MD 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-194-8047
Expert energy consultant with eight years of experience performing this role for commercial builders. Strong understanding of acceptable energy standards that help lower resource use and costs. Excellent knowledge of building materials and methods for examining or making recommendations about current systems capabilities and installations. Able to deliver creative and unique solutions that help companies work more efficiently with their current physical location. Capable of operating many different pieces of equipment and tools that help improve energy efficiency.
- Make suggestions to corporate construction and building industry clients about how to create more efficient HVAC systems for new homes.
- Apply engineering knowledge to home systems’ operations to identify energy saving methods and opportunities for individual situations.
- Lead an award-winning energy auditing team to create new methods and develop new building materials that are more sustainable, reducing company waste by 38 percent.
- Determined energy needs and savings opportunities during energy evaluation field visits of buildings being constructed for commercial use.
- Wrote energy efficiency reports for management and other staff members to summarize recommendations and areas of concern.
- Discovered problem areas in new building construction and indicated next steps to address air leaks and other issues, saving the company $40,000 in potential repairs.
- Designed an energy audit system for use in the field when working on commercial retail construction, leading to a 50 percent reduction in energy usage after completion.
- Supervised the team of contractors as they installed green building features, such as efficient appliances, weather stripping materials, and low-flow plumbing equipment.
- Advised staff members and management about programs and products to use in construction that improved energy efficiency.
I am a volunteer member of the environmental sustainability board for the state of Maryland. In my role as a board member, I make recommendations for legislation and standards in the state that support best practices in energy usage. I also provide free resources to community members on how to get the most from their homes and save more on their energy bill.
Build Your CV
Energy Consultant CV Must-Haves
What Does an Energy Consultant Do?
An energy consultant is a person who works in a variety of industries related to building construction or engineering. This individual’s role on a team is to conduct audits and analyses of energy and resource usage. Energy consultants do this by reviewing a building’s mechanical systems in some situations. Sometimes, they may do a building analysis and review different areas that need special attention because of energy loss. They may use a variety of electronic tools to determine problems with water, gas, or air leakage. Then, they write a report detailing their findings and make recommendations for fixes to the building to improve energy efficiency, as demonstrated in the energy consultant CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Energy Consultant CV
Getting your CV right can be a challenge if you aren’t confident in your ability to sell yourself to a potential employer. Here are some key factors to follow for a successful CV:
– Divide your CV into sections covering your work history, academic achievements, and valuable industry skills.
– Use specific and clear verbs to describe some of the job responsibilities you have held in the past 10 or so years of your career.
– Provide examples of your ability to help an organization save money on their energy costs in your list of past duties.
– List some of the specific qualifications and devices you feel comfortable using as an energy consultant in the field.
– Proofread your CV before sending it out to the employer and consider having another person check it as well.