A solid CV could make the difference between getting overlooked and going in for an interview. Feel confident prior to the CV writing process by carefully looking over an engineering CV example that explains what kind of content to include and how to organize everything. You can also save the sample CV as a PDF, making it easier to follow along with the suggested template when creating your own document. Remember the associated tips about writing a CV, too, so you don’t make preventable mistakes that could put you out of the running for an in-demand job opening.
Build My CV
123 Any Street, Dundalk, MD 11111
E: JohnJackson@anymail P: 555-555-5555
Lead engineer responsible for instructing a team of 55 civil engineers. Manage deadline concerns and complete extensive projects within specified timeframes while meeting or falling below projected budgets. Possess significant experience in the residential sector, but also give commercial-related engineering consultations as required. A level-headed team player who works well under pressure and maintains a patient, detail-oriented attitude.
- Plan, design, and oversee large-scale residential construction projects.
- Provide technical insight to managerial personnel about construction concerns, pros and cons of different building materials, and methods of conducting structural repairs.
- Give guidance to colleagues throughout construction projects from start to finish and ensure they follow all safety practices.
- Confer with clients to explain work-related procedures, probable risks, and general information about project progression.
- Assess working conditions and maintain the job site in a manner consistent with maximum productivity and safe practices.
- Aided the lead engineer in day-to-day operations as needed.
- Collected and presented data about project estimates and timeframes.
- Set a good example for fellow employees by always following stated rules, working diligently, and being mindful of potential hazards in the workplace.
- Played a major role in all aspects of construction for the area’s first solar-powered apartment complex.
I am a member in good standing of the Maryland Society of Professional Engineers. I am also an avid chess player and have participated in the U.S. Open Chess Championship for the past six years. I give guest lectures at the A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland at least twice a semester, and I also give consultations to a group of students at a local high school about running their engineering club.
Build My CV
Engineering CV Must-Haves
What Does An Engineering Professional Do?
Engineering professionals encompass a wide variety of specialties from electrical engineering to civil engineering. They apply principles of science and math to solve problems with feasible solutions. They may also test new materials or products.
By choosing engineering as a career, your responsibilities may include choosing project sites, providing recommendations about project plans, and adapting to changing conditions to ensure work gets done on time and within the budget. Most likely, you will frequently work with engineering colleagues and may lead them or give advice about how to handle tough situations. Usually, this is a highly technical field that requires attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a team environment. Besides highlighting work experience, your CV should also mention professional training related to engineering and pertinent hobbies. The engineering CV example can help you decide how to emphasize your strengths and showcase yourself as a well-equipped job candidate.
Tips for Creating a Great Engineering CV
Follow the suggestions below to make an engineering CV that correctly lists your professional and educational attributes:
– Study and apply best practices when making your CV.
– Carefully proofread your CV before printing it and convert the document to a PDF to ensure page breaks don’t occur in inconvenient places.
– When describing work experience, use concise language, bullet points, and action words to convey information.
– If you are a member of engineering organizations or have received training in subjects that relate to your industry, be sure to mention that on your CV.-Carefully add chronological data and double check date ranges for accuracy. Honesty is essential when reporting gaps in employment or educational histories, but don’t go into detail about them on the CV. Instead, prepare to talk about those matters during your interview, and refrain from bringing them up unless the interviewer addresses them.