Build Your CV
678 Lincoln Ave,Omaha, NE 11111
E: JPThomp@anymail.com P: 555-565-7894
Devoted ESL teacher with strong language skills in Spanish and English. Goal-oriented, patient, and resourceful. Committed to helping individuals of all ages learn how to understand, speak, and write fluently in the English language. Proven abilities in providing creative and appropriate instruction. Current member of The American Association for Applied Linguistics and The International Association of Worldwide Englishes.
- Instruct adults in community college classes using reading materials, lectures, one-on-one speaking assignments, and exams.
- Identify skill sets in students to determine level of instruction.
- Provide individualized curricula for struggling and advanced students.
- Provide tutoring services after hours, which improves students’ performance in the classroom.
- Produce videos and other instructional tools to help train new teachers and others in the community.
- Taught high school students in an inner city setting.
- Consulted with general education instructors in order to coordinate lesson plans and keep the curriculum aligned.
- Helped students improve English reading comprehension skills by 60 percent.
- Created lesson plans that supported varying language skill levels as well as different learning styles.
- Planned and coordinated social events such as weekly clubs and graduation parties.
- Provided English language instruction for elementary-aged students.
- Evaluated individual students for their speaking and writing abilities in order to design appropriate curricula.
- Established positive communication strategies with fellow teachers, parents, and school administrators.
- Administered assessments, such as STAAR and TELPAS, and adjusted instruction according to the results.
- Introduced creative lesson plans that improved students’ state test scores.
I spent a semester of college in Mexico City, and I continue to travel quite a bit to different areas in Mexico, Spain, and Central America. I love working with kids, and I volunteer regularly in my community. I enjoy cooking for my family, and I am always trying out new recipes.
Build Your CV
ESL Teacher CV Must-Haves
What Does an ESL Teacher Do?
ESL stands for English as a Second Language, and an ESL teacher works with students of all ages to help them read, write, and speak English in order for them to function in an English-speaking society. Teachers are fluent in languages such as Spanish, French, or Japanese. ESL teachers use a variety of instruction tools to help their students learn, and they may also be used as a resource for families in the community. Important qualities of ESL teachers include cultural sensitivity, strong communication skills, and patience. When writing your CV, make sure that these qualities stand out in the skills section as well as in the work experience section. This ESL teacher CV example will help show you how to write a strong CV.
Tips for Creating a Great ESL Teacher CV
When writing your ESL teacher CV, keep the following tips in mind:
– Open with a strong personal summary. This section may be the only thing that a hiring manager looks at, so make sure it highlights your strengths so that he or she keeps reading.
– In the work experience section, use action verbs and demonstrate how you were valuable and made a difference. For example, say how many students you instructed, how much their reading comprehension improved, what type of test scores they received after your instruction, etc.
– Use the hobbies and interest section to highlight additional attributes that may be relevant to the job you are applying for. Working with children, teaching free community classes, and enriching your language skills are all good examples of hobbies.
– Don’t be sloppy in your CV. Always proofread and correct any spelling or grammar errors, and have a friend review your finished CV, as well.