Build Your CV
818 Logan Street, Denver, CO 11111
E: catjones@email P: 555-555-5555
Skilled aerobics and yoga instructor with 10 years of progressive experience planning routines and inspiring clients. Committed to accommodating all levels of physical ability. At home in gym settings and independent studios. Enthusiastic team player who loves to motivate students and fellow instructors. Lifelong learner dedicated to integrating current best practices for nutrition and technique.
- Lead students in group classes, including beginning and advanced yoga, Pilates, barre, aerobics, and weighted aerobics.
- Choreograph routines and music to energize and engage audiences.
- Offer movement alternatives to accommodate all levels of fitness.
- Manage instructor schedules and lead weekly team meetings.
- Taught beginner and advanced group yoga classes at a highly-respected studio.
- Monitored progress of individual students and worked with them to achieve self-designated goals.
- Offered information and resources on nutrition and healthy lifestyle maintenance.
- Achieved top student satisfaction scores on class surveys.
- Taught beginner and advanced aerobics lessons at a gym with average sizes of 20 students per class.
- Encouraged proper exertion levels to maximize physical benefits with attention to safety regulations.
- Demonstrated use of equipment and weights for healthy body movement.
- Collaborated with fellow instructors to acquire new skills and deliver exceptional customer service in a fast-pace environment.
I enjoy hiking Colorado’s beautiful mountains and challenging myself to run faster by competing in different races each year. I am committed to my community and offer a free yoga class each month at a neighborhood park.
Build Your CV
Fitness Instructor CV Must-Haves
What Does a Fitness Instructor Do?
Fitness instructors are responsible for teaching and coaching individuals and groups in exercise and stretching activities. The job requires a deep understanding of physical components as well as strong skills in interpersonal communication. Instructors help students learn new concepts by demonstrating techniques and proper form. They observe and, when necessary, offer corrective measures so students can improve skills and promote healthy movement. As a fitness instructor, your goal is to help students increase strength and endurance using exercises and goals appropriate for individual needs and limits. Students and fellow trainers will look to you as a source of knowledge and inspiration. As such, your fitness instructor CV should reflect your education in health sciences, skills in coaching, and proven track record of customer satisfaction. You can start generating ideas for what is needed by reviewing our fitness instructor CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Physician CV
Now that you know what kind of content to include and how to format your fitness instructor CV, it’s time to get started creating your own. Here are a few key things to consider when assembling your personal CV:
– The Personal Summary section is your opportunity to strut your stuff. Be sure to cover your most important accomplishments as well as your dedication to providing outstanding customer service.
– Use metrics throughout your CV to highlight achievements, such as your rate of client satisfaction, average class size, increased gym memberships, and measurable improvements in students.
– Avoid mentioning personal details, such as political or religious views in your CV, as you will be expected to work well with people of all backgrounds.
– Write your Work History section using action verbs relevant to the fitness industry, such as led, taught, inspired, planned, or monitored.
– Leverage the Hobbies section at the end of your CV to show employers you remain active and committed to helping others outside of business hours.