Build Your CV
890 Trout Lane, Anchorage, Alaska 11111
E: marcushalibut@anymail T: 555-789-1234
Skilled freelance graphic designer with over a decade of experience in the field. Dedicated to staying up-to-date on new techniques and procedures related to graphic design. Excel at web platform development, desktop publishing, computer aided design, and video creation and editing software programs. Managed multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent communicator able to work as part of a team or as the sole designer.
- Meet with clients either in person or online in order to discuss the scope of different projects.
- Advise clients on the best strategies to use for their particular products and desired audiences.
- Create unique images, audio messages, illustrations, and logos for customers.
- Review all projects to ensure the end product is error free.
- Ensure 100 percent customer satisfaction by presenting art to client and giving a chance for feedback.
- Directed graphic design department of 15 people.
- Maintained records of the various designs and illustrations created in department.
- Scheduled workers in order to ensure all projects were finished on time.
- Increased efficiency of designing stage by 33 percent through the implementation of new computer aided design software.
- Designed layouts using esthetic design concepts.
- Assembled and marked final layout to ensure everything was ready for the printer.
- Prepared rough sketches of logos and illustrations to give customers a clear idea of what the end product could look like.
- Collaborated with other graphic artists to complete large scale projects.
- Awarded AIGA Fellow Award for raising the standards of excellence within the local design community.
During my free time, I enjoy reading, painting, and writing. I usually spend my days with my wife and four kids. I also enjoy sharing my experiences with the next generation of graphic designers. I do this by volunteering as a mentor with AIGA.
Build Your CV
Freelance Graphic Designer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Freelance Graphic Designer Do?
Freelance graphic designers get the opportunity to combine art and technology in order to communicate ideas with a large audience. You may have to sketch logos, design website layouts, and create videos throughout your career. Creativity is one of the most important skills a graphic designer may need. As a freelance graphic designer, you may also have to find your own clients by networking. Some designers may attend vendor fairs in order to reach out to more potential clients. Your CV is the best place to highlight the skills and experiences you have that make you right for this type of position. Review the freelance graphic designer CV example to better understand what type of elements you may want to include in your own professional document.
Tips for Creating a Great Freelance Graphic Designer CV
Keep these tips in mind as you build your own freelance graphic designer CV:
-Formatting can impact the readability of your document, so always try to incorporate bullet points in order to avoid long paragraphs.
-Creating an engaging CV by using job-specific action verbs, such as create, design, collaborate, assemble, direct, and advise, may set your document apart from your competitors.
-Including accomplishments throughout your Work Experience section, such as awards you won or how you increased efficiency, can ensure you are discussing more than your day-to-day duties.
-Avoiding gaps in your work history may not always be possible, but you do not need to explain why you left a position in the CV.
-Discussing your hobbies and interests at the end of the CV can show the employer that your values line up with those of the company, and you may be able to highlight how you are using graphic design to better the community.