Build Your CV
1010 Grand Canyon Avenue , Fairfax, VA 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-555-5555
Dedicated and reliable general assistant with background in and strong knowledge of secretarial and administrative principles. Capable of providing direct and indirect assistance to multiple executives and supervisors. Exceptional communication, time management, and organizational skills. Experience scheduling both personal and professional events and coordinating with other departments within the organization.
- Contacted various travel agencies, hotels, and event coordinators to make travel arrangements for executive-level staff members.
- Ensured executives adhered to daily schedule and other commitments.
- Received and signed for deliveries in mail room.
- Efficiently managed flow of office work by answering phones, greeting clients, and replying to vendor emails.
- Ensured company goals were met by providing direct secretarial assistance to CEO and CFO of small software firm.
- Followed up with clients after large purchases and recorded responses in surveys.
- Made travel arrangements for company and coordinated company outings.
- Helped other assistants maintain neat and clean office appearance; ensure furniture and other items were neatly arranged.
- Recorded and relayed messages to partners at law firm.
- Answered calls and directed callers to the appropriate line or department.
- Ensured all administrative staff hours were properly recorded each month for payroll.
In my spare time, I enjoy hiking and traveling. I feel that traveling exposes me to different cultures and viewpoints, and I can use this open-minded approach to life in the workplace. I enjoy spending time in nature and appreciating the natural beauty of the landscape. My favorite hiking places are in the mountains of western Virginia. When I am not hiking or traveling, I enjoy reading a good book; my favorite genre is science fiction.
Build Your CV
General Assistant CV Must-Haves
What Does a General Assistant Do?
If you want to write a professional general assistant CV, you need to have a strong understanding of the day-to-day functions you will undertake. As an assistant, you will largely be responsible for helping higher-level supervisors and executives fulfill basic tasks. A typical day will consist of making calls and arrangements for the executive you report to and performing a host of other administrative duties. Organization and the ability to multitask are needed for success, so you must emphasize this when drafting a CV. A general assistant will usually work for a single executive, but you may be responsible for answering phones and sending emails. Let this general assistant CV example serve as a blueprint and resource for your own CV.
Tips for Creating a Great General Assistant CV
Take advantage of the following tips the next time you write your CV:
– Avoid listing jobs you held more than 10 years ago; Employers want to see that you have up-to-date knowledge and expertise.
– If you were terminated for a job, do not write the reason on your resume. If an employer wants to know, he or she will ask during the interview.
– List a good mix of hard and soft skills when writing a professional summary or objective.
– Check over your CV so that you can catch any misspelled words or grammatical errors.
– Place a strong emphasis on your secretarial and administrative skills if you are applying to be an administrative assistant. Skills such as answering phones, customer service, and attention to deal will be needed in this field.
– Always remain honest when writing your CV. Do not list skills you don’t have or any other false information of any type.
– Make sure your jobs are in reverse chronological order when writing the experience section of your CV.