Build Your CV
202 W. Avalon Avenue , Muscle Shoals, AL 11111
E: Simtorres@anymail.com P: 111-111-0987
Graphic designer and multimedia artist with four years of experience with a focus on marketing/advertising projects done with the highest regards to the client’s requests and the project’s needs. Knowledge of adding graphic elements to websites, book jackets, and retail product packaging. Committed to reviewing final products and designs to ensure they are free of errors and meet the client’s standards and desires. Looking to gain more experience with a company focused on public relations.
- Meet with clients to discuss their vision for their project and offer input and options to maximize final results.
- Use drawings as well as various types of computer software and graphic design programs to create images.
- Create layouts and graphics for websites, company logos, product illustrations, and marketing materials.
- Selected colors and designed layouts for magazines, pamphlets, inserts, and newsletters.
- Reviewed final product and made necessary changes before showing the product to the client.
- Created new design method that saved the company 7 percent in annual spending, and increased earnings by 4 percent.
- Worked with experienced graphic designers to build on education gained in university on a variety of projects.
- Learned how to use new graphic design technology and software to create layouts, illustrations, and various images.
- Received instruction on the business side of the industry, including the basics of self-employment, project management, creating a project timeline, and ways to bid on contracts.
In my free time, I enjoy painting and creating comic book covers for my favorite titles. I also have an interest in learning Krav Maga and boxing to improve my health and for sheer enjoyment.
Build Your CV
Graphic Designer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Graphic Designer Do?
Graphic designers use computer software to develop a variety of visual concepts, which they might also do by hand rather than on a computer. They meet with clients to understand their vision and the overall design of the layout. Designers work just as much with images as they do with text, making it necessary for them to have a strong grasp of the rules of grammar and the English language. It’s not uncommon for graphic designers to work with writers to perfect the text layout of a design, deciding whether the text would work better in a list, paragraph, or table. Designers work in a number of industries, including specialized design services, wholesale trade, and printing. Check to see that your CV indicates you’re able to fulfill these tasks, using the graphic designer CV example as a guide.
Tips for Creating a Great Graphic Designer CV
Following are a few suggestions to put to good use while you compose your graphic designer CV:
– Pay close attention to the overall format and presentation of your CV to see that it has all the necessary information to give a potential employer a solid idea of what you bring to the table.
– Be sure to highlight your education, work experience, and knowledge of current graphic design technology, as all three are essential to working as a graphic designer with any company in any industry.
– Don’t get too personal in your CV, and keep it strictly professional.
– Don’t forget to use solid metrics in your CV to show the true extent of your accomplishments.