Build Your CV
9825 New Brunswick Boulevard , Fresno, CA 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-985-9855
Skilled receptionist with a friendly demeanor and drive to provide customers with the best experience possible. Excels at client relations and ensuring everyone is having an enjoyable time. Keen knowledge of various phone systems and numerous types of bookkeeping software. In-depth knowledge of social perceptiveness to pinpoint when a customer requires assistance and fully willing to offer my services at any time.
- Operate phone switchboard, and answer any questions callers have.
- Greet people upon entering, and ask if there is anything I can do to make their time at the gym even better.
- File records within digital system, maintaining 100 percent accuracy at all times.
- Listen to customer complaints and offer solutions, including one instance where a customer was billed after she cancelled her membership and I worked with the manager to refund her money promptly.
- Maintain staff scheduling, and contact employees when they are late for a shift.
- Processed memos, and conveyed all pertinent contract information to managers.
- Sorted mail on a daily basis, and delivered envelopes to proper individuals.
- Scheduled appointments, and updated digital calendar on the Cloud so everyone remained in the loop.
- Enrolled willing individuals into the company’s email list.
- Received orders, and communicated that information to the processing department.
- Scheduled routine maintenance of all pieces of equipment.
- Organized lobby area to ensure it remained clean and attractive at all times.
- Watered plants around building once a week.
Naturally, I enjoy going to the gym and working up a sweat. I also spend time at the community pool often, and I am a member of a local recreational water polo league. I am also part of a Fresno-based tutor program to help kids after school with their homework assignments.
Build Your CV
Gym Receptionist CV Must-Haves
What Does a Gym Receptionist Do?
A gym receptionist has many of the same responsibilities as any other receptionist. You will be in charge of greeting guests, writing down appointments, filing documents, and redirecting phone calls. Working at a gym likely means that you will need to check people’s gym membership cards and contact individuals to renew their memberships toward the end of a contract. You should also be comfortable performing basic maintenance on gym equipment and contacting an authority when something is outside your area of expertise to fix. Receptionists also prepare mailing lists and send those messages out to everyone who has signed up. Finally, people in this profession regularly need to do some basic cleaning around the premises to keep it attractive. Use this information along with the materials provided in the gym receptionist CV example above to convey that you are more than capable of handling the responsibilities of the position.
Tips for Creating a Great Gym Receptionist CV
Before you submit your CV, make sure you fine-tune it a bit with the following pointers:
– A CV should only be one page in length unless you have been in the workforce for over a decade. In that case, your CV could extend to two pages.
– Your Professional Summary should only be about four lines long, but it needs to engage the reader and showcase your most prominent skills and experiences.
– Customer service skills are some of the most important when it comes to receptionists, so make sure to emphasize those in your CV.
– Include a couple specific achievements in your Work Experience section to highlight that you have made tangible contributions to past workplaces.
– If you have gaps in your employment, do not explain why they are there directly on the CV. Again, you only have a page to work with, and you do not want to waste valuable space.
– The Skills section should include personality traits you possess as well as your proficiency with certain types of technology.