Experienced housekeepers are coveted in a number of different sectors, most notably in the hospitality, healthcare, and property management industries. Managerial positions may also be available if you have the right background. Presenting that background in a way that sets you apart from other applicants can be easily done with a well-composed curriculum vitae. A CV presents your experience to employers in a way that’s detailed enough to say who you are, yet brief enough to retain a reader’s attention. You can create your own by following the outline shown in the head housekeeper CV example included here.
Build Your CV
12345 Washington Way, Richmond, Virginia 11111
E: llarsen@myemail P: 555-222-8888
Professional housekeeper with almost 20 years of experience in the business, hospitality, and healthcare industries seeking supervisory or managerial position. Have worked in several roles in a number of different settings, accumulating experience in customer service, cleaning and sterilization techniques, resource and personnel management, and the proper use and storage of cleaning products. Have served and thrived in past leadership roles, helping employees and individuals achieve performance goals. Looking for an opportunity to make a greater impact on an organization while serving as a mentor to new employees.
- Supervise the housekeeping staff during the evening shift for local hotel and conference center.
- Coordinate work schedules, work with staff members to resolve disputes, and submit employee working hours for payroll.
- Catalogue cleaning supplies and linens and work with the head housekeeper and hotel accounting staff to manage supply ordering.
- Served as the lead for a team of janitors contracted with local commercial property management firm to maintain three office buildings.
- Worked with building security managers to coordinate cleaning schedules and local HVAC providers to assist with maintenance checks.
- Planned team schedules and rotated traveling between buildings during the week to supervise daily cleaning processes.
- Tasked with cleaning rooms and patient care areas in a local medical center.
- Acquired knowledge and experience in the proper cleaning and disposing of biological waste materials as well as in infection control processes.
- Acclimated to working extended hours, including on-call and graveyard shifts.
- Worked for a private housekeeping service that handled both residential and commercial cleaning jobs.
- Participated in jobs in a variety of different environments, and learned the most effective cleaning techniques for each.
- Recognized by employer for leadership skills by being named as the team lead for one of the company’s five cleaning crews after just six months on the job.
Work with sisters creating quilts that are displayed and sold at local craft shows and donated to area shelters or community outreach programs during the holiday season. Coach and manager of competitive junior club softball squad and assistant coach of local high school softball team. Collector of Swedish cultural memorabilia. Travel to visit family in Sweden annually.
Build Your CV
Head Housekeeper CV Must-Haves
What Does a Head Housekeeper Do?
As you’ll notice in the head housekeeper CV example provided, your skills and experience should be presented in a certain way to pass the right kind of information on to prospective employers. The key to listing the proper experience in the correct format is first understanding what the job that you’re seeking entails. In the case of a head housekeeper, you’ll be asked to manage other employees as they perform cleaning and building maintenance duties. You’ll prepare work schedules, manage cleaning department expenses, and prepare reconciliation and performance reports to building or cleaning service managers. As a manager yourself, you may also need to conduct routine performance evaluations on your staff. The task of training employees will also typically fall to you. While this is a managerial role, you may be asked to step in to support your staff should the situation call for it.
Tips for Creating a Great Head Housekeeper CV
Whether this is the first CV you’ve ever written or simply the latest in a long line of employment reference documents, you should always remember to stick to the outline provided in the CV example as much as possible. While yours should not be a carbon copy of the example, it should not stray so far from it as to hinder the message you’re trying to present. To avoid this, keep the following tips in mind when completing your document:
– Whenever possible, include details or specific metrics when describing your work experience. This provides context to the reader.
– List your past work experience chronologically, even if a previous job has a more direct application to the one you’re seeking than your current position.
– Review your completed CV multiple times to check for mistakes, or have it evaluated for errors by a professional editor.
– Don’t list your high school education if you’ve completed any degree above that, as such an achievement implies you have a high school diploma (or its equivalent).