Build Your CV
76550 Sunflower Drive, San Francisco, CA 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-124-4521
Experienced Hindi teacher with many years of experience leading classrooms and successfully teaching students the nuances of the language. Proficient in moderating classroom discussions, which helps a great deal in allowing students the master a new language. Ability to meet with students one-on-one to locate areas that can be improved upon and encourage individuals to seek outside tutoring when necessary. Strong knowledge of Hindi culture, often bring cultural items into the classroom.
- Set attainable goals for the classroom, and assign appropriate homework to allow students to become more familiarized with the Hindi language.
- Prepare homework materials, such as worksheets and essay assignments.
- Developed a field trip to a local Hindi arts program; encourage students to attend relevant special events and offer extra credit for doing so.
- Work with school administration to get supplies and materials necessary to ensure students get the most in-depth Hindi experience possible.
- Ensure all school-wide disciplinary measures are taken for students who break the rules.
- Met with students after class hours to teach them more about the basics of the language.
- Offered individual feedback for students after tests so they could better understand where they went wrong and how they could improve.
- Promoted classroom debates where students had to discuss a subject relevant to Hindi culture within the language; involved teaching students about current events going on in India.
- Assembled PowerPoint presentations to teach students basic Hindi grammar.
- Maintained communication with parents to inform them of how well or poorly their child was doing in the class.
- Founded an Indian cultural appreciation club where students would meet once a week to discuss the culture, and planned out meals so participants could have true Indian cuisine.
In addition to teaching the Hindi language in high school, I also teach the traditional Indian dance of Bharatanatyam to people within the community. I lead these classes once a week, and I have actually performed this dance to great acclaim around various cities in the state, including Los Angeles and San Diego.
Build Your CV
Hindi Teacher CV Must-Haves
What Does a Hindi Teacher Do?
As a Hindi teacher, you will be teaching the language to students at any grade level from middle school to college. Outside of that, your responsibilities include the same tasks as any other teacher. You will need to develop learning materials, lead discussions, grade tests, and evaluate students’ progress. You will probably be expected to hold outside office hours to allow students to meet with you one-on-one. Additionally, you will be expected to participate in school-wide events and oversee certain clubs. Speaking with parents and attending professional meetings are also going to be on your list of responsibilities. You need to communicate the fact that you are comfortable with all these tasks on your CV formatted the same way as the Hindi teacher CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Hindi Teacher CV
Before you call it a day, make sure your CV implements these helpful tips:
-CVs should generally only be one page long. The exception is if you have a long, illustrious career that necessitates two pages.
-Bullet points should be used for Work Experience and Skills section to make everything simpler to read.
-Work Experience needs to include specific details from your past jobs to make your CV stand out more.
-The Skills section should include a mix of personal, managerial, and technological skills.
-You generally want to leave references off your CV. Those can go on a separate piece of paper if required.
-Spellcheck your CV before submitting because your word processing program may not catch everything. It can also be helpful to have a family member or friend read your CV to get some outside perspective.