Build Your CV
9009 Lakewood Avenue, Seattle, WA 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-111-2345
Managed a team of individuals to ensure guests had the best experience possible. Excelled at always having a friendly, upbeat attitude, and received many compliments from patrons about demeanor. Experience keeping a level head even when things get busy, and ensured no one on the team ever felt too overwhelmed. Skillset includes exquisite communication, critical thinking abilities, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Greet guests upon arrival and show them to seats once a table opens.
- Offer patrons menus and inform them of any daily specials.
- Maintain constant communication with everyone on staff to ensure everyone has an assignment and food gets prepared in a timely fashion.
- Uphold a sanitary environment and wipe down tables once guests leave.
- Plan parties and special events, including once catering services for a wedding where the team had to feed over 150 people.
- Handled financial transactions and implemented a new system within the restaurant that allowed team to accept Apple Pay.
- Restocked inventory when supplies were running low.
- Requested maintenance services on appliances whenever issues would arise.
- Answered the telephone and redirected the caller to the proper source.
- Delivered food to guests and always asked how customers were doing.
- Learned how to memorize food orders, which certainly impressed patrons.
- Recommended wine selections to customers based on what they would say about their personal preferences.
- Prepared tables before new guests arrived by wrapping silverware in napkins, refilling condiment shakers, and sweeping the nearby flooring.
In my free time, I love taking part in local community theater. I get such a rush performing in front of large audiences. It has also helped me greatly in my communication abilities because I have learned how to enunciate better and speak at a volume people can hear.
Build Your CV
Hostess CV Must-Haves
What Does a Hostess Do?
Ultimately, hostesses are responsible for ensuring patrons have the best experience possible. From the moment guests enter, you want to welcome them with a smile on your face. Additional duties you can expect to perform on a daily basis involve asking patrons if there is anything you can do for them during the meal, inspecting dining areas to ensure cleanliness, receiving reservations ahead of time and planning accordingly, operating the cash register, planning parties, and supervising other members of the team. You may also be accountable for making the schedule and ensuring everyone on the team is aware of when they are working next. You should also be prepared to have discussions with upper management about advertising or marketing opportunities. Hostesses do a lot, and similar to the hostess CV example above, you want to make it clear on your CV that you can handle anything.
Tips for Creating a Great Hostess CV
By this point, you should have a good idea of how to craft your CV. Make it even better by incorporating these tips:
– Do include specific details about your past work. You do not want to provide a bunch of vague duties or else your CV is going to end up being forgettable.
– Your Work Experience section should always include the dates of your past employment.
– Always speak in the present tense for the job you have now and past tense for jobs you no longer work at.
– Always spell out abbreviations because you never know what a hiring manager is or isn’t going to understand.
– Leave out information about high school if you graduated a long time ago.
– Always write out numbers on your CV if they are less than 10. For example, you would want to write out “five years’ experience” instead of “5 years’ experience.”