Recruiters and hiring managers have the difficult job of sifting through resumes and CVs to find the perfect candidates. One of the best ways to make the cut is to craft a strong CV that catches their eye and makes their job a little easier. With the help of a hotel general manager CV example, like the one found below, this can be a much easier proposition that you may have ever thought possible. Use our CV tips to tailor your CV or create your own job application to help you stand out from the crowd.
Build My CV
3456 Fruit Valley, Madison, WI 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-123-4567
Dedicated hotel general manager with more than 15 years of experience providing clients with the highest degree of hospitality and customer service by ensuring that facilities meet and exceed expectations. Strong leader possessing outstanding work ethic and integrity, always dedicated to meeting budget and meticulously documenting financials. Manages by leading and showing staff the rewards of pushing past their own expectations to provide the best work possible.
- Manage 250 room property with $5.5 million in annual revenue.
- Oversee all hotel activities, including hiring and firing, supervising employees, and training staff of more than 90 employees.
- Increased room revenues by 15 percent year-to-year for 3 consecutive years.
- Developed and saw hotel-wide renovation project through to completion while staying within budget and time-frame.
- Oversaw daily front desk operations, maintenance, and housekeeping for more than 40 employees.
- Increased guest satisfaction scores by 12 percent in surveys on attentiveness, cleanliness, quality of maintenance, and breakfast service.
- Controlled a housekeeping and maintenance operating budget of $25,000 per month with 45 percent GOP.
- Decreased employee turn-over by 55 percent.
- Managed day-to-day hotel operations and functions.
- Reviewed P&L statements, budgets and forecasts, revenues, and expenses.
- Oversaw individual department managers to ensure adherence to company policy and procedure.
I enjoy spending my time away from work with my family in the great outdoors. If I am not sitting by the lake reading a good novel, I am likely to be hiking or biking on one of the many trails near the city. I love sports and am happy to provide my services to the local little league every season as my son’s baseball coach.
Build My CV
Hotel General Manager CV Must-Haves
What Does a Hotel General Manager Do?
A hotel general manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the various activities that a hospitality establishment must perform to successfully provide lodging and accommodations to travelers. Customer satisfaction is essential to this position, and hotel general managers must do all they can to ensure it remains the primary focus of their work. They accomplish this major goal through recruiting and training staff, enforcing safety standards, and addressing guest complaints. They may also be responsible for marketing. This position requires a great deal of critical thinking and problem solving, so applicants should highlight these abilities on their own CVs to show them as strengths. You can get an idea of other strong points to include in your CV by viewing our hotel general manager CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Hotel General Manager CV
When you are creating your hotel general manager CV, keep the following tips in mind for the best results:
– Include the strongest Personal Summary statement as possible. This acts as a hook to help catch and draw in hiring managers, and should be meticulously created to help highlight your strengths, abilities, and why you are the ideal candidate for the job.
– Illustrate your accomplishments by clearly showing how you benefited the company. This is easiest to do with metrics. Money saved, money earned, client satisfaction rates, and databases managed are all simple metrics calculations that can give your CV a step up.
– Always proof your CV at least three times to ensure that it is completely free of errors. There is nothing more telling than a candidate who presents a less than perfect CV to show the type of work they will produce.
– Avoid putting anything controversial, political, or religious in your CV. It can put you and the hiring manager in an uncomfortable and easily avoidable situation.