Build Your CV
9932 Sycamore Drive, Charlottesville, VA 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-764-9402
Knowledgeable professional librarian with more than 14 years of experience in the public library setting. Dedicated to serving the community by providing assistance in information retrieval and research techniques. Committed to promoting literacy in the local area by supporting reading programs and other adult education initiatives. Extensive knowledge about materials, research databases, circulation, and other aspects of archiving. Experience working with and supervising staff and supporting library operations.
- Select and order a wide variety of age-appropriate materials for the children’s department of the library, including books, audio-visual materials, and periodicals.
- Collaborate with other librarians, community members, and educators in the area to develop rich literacy and learning programs for the youth in the region.
- Train and lead a staff of seven other library associates in the department to help support the learning and reading goals of the local area.
- Assisted patrons by providing book recommendations based on interests, feedback, and answered questions about materials and information.
- Provided computer literacy training sessions to members of the community and developed tutorials to help individuals access technology.
- Awarded a $3,000 grant from a national literacy campaign by writing a proposal for a community project to help improve the adult population’s reading habits.
- Guided students and community researchers who were seeking information by directing them to specific library databases, unique collections, and other reference materials.
- Attended community outreach events outside of the library at schools, nursing homes, and universities to promote reading and information literacy programs.
- Recognized as Librarian of the Year in the local county system due to high levels of patron satisfaction and commitment to community improvement.
I am an avid reader and a leader and participant in a community book club. My reading group focuses on reading forgotten classics and analyzing the meaning and purpose of these stories. I am also a volunteer at the community soup kitchen, which provides free hot meals to homeless families and individuals. Once a week, I either work in the kitchen as a cook or help serve meals to the people.
Build Your CV
Librarian CV Must-Haves
What Does a Librarian Do?
The role of the librarian has evolved over the years and changed as technology has become more important. Librarians of today still complete the traditional tasks from years ago, such as shelving books, assisting patrons with finding titles, and conducting storytelling sessions for children. Today, however, librarians also play a huge part in supporting computer literacy in the community. They may conduct basic computer training sessions to help give more people access to technology, and they may also assist patrons with using online research databases at the library. Additionally, librarians are also responsible for keeping the library collection current, so they must review and order materials as needed. The librarian CV example gives you a taste of some of the most common duties and responsibilities a librarian has each day.
Tips for Creating a Great Librarian CV
Here are some additional ways you can make your librarian CV even better, improving your hiring chances significantly:
-Include information and details about your ability to work with the public and provide customer service, as this is a key component of a librarian’s job.
-Discuss any grant-writing experience you have and include any awarded grants so a potential library system can see how you could benefit their organization.
-Detail any community outreach initiatives you’ve been part of as a librarian to show your commitment to spreading knowledge.
-Write about any noteworthy moments or achievements from your career to demonstrate your worth to a firm instead of solely focusing on basic job duties.
-Use strong, clear verbs to give an employer a solid and unique vision about how you work, and make it easier for the reader to imagine what you can do.