Build Your CV
123 N 456 W , County Road, IL 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-432-4321
Expert marketing professional with 10 years of executive experience. Skilled at creating campaigns centered around consumer education on product use. Persuasive communicator who is confident in presenting marketing objectives to corporate stakeholders and potential investors. Passionate leader who is able to motivate team and departmental members to collaborate around common goals.
- Monitor product release depending on consumer interest, seasonality, and market volatility.
- Oversaw the campaign and release of upwards of 75 critical products and stayed within designated budget requirements for each one.
- Present campaigns and participat in key educational forums for 20-25 potential investors, of which 20 are still actively supporting the company.
- Managed a team of 15 marketing professionals and decreased turnover by 10 percent.
- Led presentations to the company’s board of directors in regards to marketing budgets, campaign ideas, and upcoming product developments.
- Assisted in the development and growth of the company’s social media platform and nearly doubled sales resulting from online advertisements.
- Built brand awareness via consumer educational seminars, TV infomercials, and positive media sharing.
- Mentored at least 12 company interns and trained five of them to become part of the company’s functioning marketing team.
- Analyzed consumer brand loyalty, competition, and consumer interests to determine how to build and strengthen the brand for better exposure and reputation.
I am an adjunct professor at my alma mater, University of Illinois, where I teach students about marketing strategy. I spend the majority of my free time hiking and enjoying nature outdoors. I am passionate about astronomy and always have some type of telescope nearby.
Build Your CV
Marketing CV Must-Haves
What Does Marketing Do?
A marketing professional has a variety of critical responsibilities, including everything from managing campaigns and budgets, to educating consumers on a product, to working with investors and stakeholders to determine viable marketing opportunities. As a marketer, you have to be creative, a confident communicator, organized, and timely. You will be tracking trends, building brand awareness, creating strategies, coordinating public relations efforts, monitoring competitors, and suggesting modifications or additions to product offerings. Your CV is a valuable opportunity to demonstrate these skills and more as you tell recruiters why your background is a perfect match for their needs. The marketing CV example provided is an excellent demonstration of a well-written, properly formatted curriculum vita.
Tips for Creating a Great Marketing CV
Here are some valuable tips to get you started on writing a strong CV:
-Utilize numbers and measurements throughout your CV. Doing so helps recruiters visualize the impact you made in your previous jobs instead of dealing with a vague statement.
-Highlight skills that will demonstrate your qualifications as a marketing professional. These may include skills related to creativity, presenting, campaigning, analyzing, and educating among others.
-Avoid over-sharing information about your personal life when writing your CV. Sections such as the Hobbies and Interests area allow you to share what you enjoy outside of work, but too much detail becomes uncomfortable for the reader and it looks unprofessional.
-Since marketers are responsible for utilizing language to concisely and informatively educate consumers, be sure to make your CV as direct and to-the-point as possible to demonstrate your understanding of this concept.
-Writing quality is critical in any CV, but even more so in that of a marketer. Always double check your final document for errors so you can send in the most polished version.