Build Your CV
7946 Chestnut Lane, Springfield, IL 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-123-9876
Highly skilled medical secretary with extensive experience serving doctors and providing outstanding assistance. Dedicated to ensuring organization in any medical office, closely following directions, and maintaining professional standards. Experienced in several types of medical billing software, communicating with patients from all walks of life, and utilizing filing systems. Motivated team player who communicates with staff members to ensure productivity in the office. Committed to exceeding expectations in the field.
- Represent physician by completing tasks such as recording and delivering messages, scheduling appointments, and screening incoming calls.
- Prepare medical reports, patient histories, summaries, and operative notes to ensure proper documentation of information.
- Maintain office supplies by taking inventory and placing orders to ensure the office is constantly stocked.
- Complete database backups to ensure information is secured.
- Designed and implemented an efficient scheduling system that increased productivity in the office by 50 percent.
- Screened unscheduled patients and scheduled specialist appointments for patients in need of x-rays, testing, MRIs, and physical therapy.
- Enforced office and safety standards and consistently adhered to policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Ensured equipment was operating and made repairs when necessary to maintain efficiency.
- Created organization systems and maintained files and records.
- Resolved administrative issues by developing and implementing solutions.
One of my hobbies is doing DIY crafts, and I enjoy making home items, decorations, and jewelry. I also enjoy writing, and I maintain a blog in my spare time where I post about cooking, DIY crafts, and beauty products. I am also active in my local community, and I participate in park cleanups on the weekends and volunteer at my local soup kitchen several times per month.
Build Your CV
Medical Secretary CV Must-Have
What Does a Medical Secretary Do?
A medical secretary’s role is essential to the organization and efficient operation of a medical office. Medical secretaries provide support to physicians by representing them while taking calls, scheduling appointments for patients, doing medical billing, transcribing information, and maintaining records and files. They utilize time management and organizational abilities to keep work moving along, and one of their goals is to make the job of the physician and other staff members easier. They have many other responsibilities, such as recording messages, maintaining calendars, scheduling appointments with specialists, maintaining office equipment, securing information, ensuring safety standards are met, monitoring accounts receivable, and arranging referrals. It is also the job of a medical secretary to maintain patient confidence and keep necessary information confidential. In the medical secretary CV example above, you can discover how to incorporate these essential duties into your own CV and how to best highlight your skills.
Tips for Creating a Great Medical Secretary CV
Now you have some helpful ideas for proper CV formatting and the best information to incorporate. Here are some more tips to think about while writing:
– Construct your CV with the job and prospective employer in mind. Consider what experience and skills you have that line up with the job you are applying for. Those are the ones you should place emphasis on. For instance, medical secretaries must be highly organized and able to multi-task well, so highlight those abilities.
– Ensure your CV is easy to read by using the proper format. This organizes each section neatly so hiring managers can readily find specific areas.
– Use concise language and proofread your document carefully to ensure it is free from errors. This makes for professionalism.
– Don’t include extra information in the Work Experience section. Keep it to the point by using bullet points that start with action verbs such as managed, implemented, performed, and designed.
– Don’t forget to include accomplishments in your CV rather than only duties and responsibilities.