Build Your CV
323 Center Street, Albany, NY 12121
E: ljadams@anymail P: 555-555-4214
Skilled music composer with over a decade of experience in arranging and creating musical pieces. Expert in music and sound editing software, with experience handling a wide variety of programs to compose, synthesize, and revise music. Able to play many different instruments, including piano, guitar, and cello. Capable of both transcription and transposition, possessing a strong background in music theory. Familiarity with a range of musical genres, with special experience in film, TV, and commercial scoring.
- Use sound editing software to arrange cuts of soundtracks for movies.
- Write musical scores for orchestras and choral groups in preparation for recording.
- Consult with directors and producers to determine placement of musical cues and coordinate artistic vision.
- Direct musicians during rehearsals and recording sessions.
- Composed and arranged music for advertisements, commercials, and public service announcements.
- Determined instruments, musical styles, rhythms, and patterns that would most effectively evoke the desired responses.
- Edited and adjusted scores composed by others.
- Transposed pieces from one instrument to another and one key to another to accommodate client and musician preferences.
- Rewrote original scores to adapt them for different musical genres and styles.
- Transcribed melodies, harmonies, and counterpoints into musical notation.
- Added new parts for various instruments and vocal groups into existing pieces.
I love attending concerts and live performances in my spare time. It does not often matter what kind, because I am interested in a variety of musical genres. I am also a film buff who enjoys the cinema. I also like cooking, running, and caring for my two dogs. I am currently teaching myself to play the flute.
Build Your CV
Music Composer CV Must-Haves
What Does a Music Composer Do?
A music composer is responsible for creating, writing, transcribing, and developing original music compositions. In some cases, they also supervise, direct, or even conduct the performance and recording of these compositions. They may also create musical arrangements or adapt, rewrite, or adjust the music of others. Often, composers create music for movies, TV shows, commercials, and other forms of media, although there are some who create pieces that are meant to be performed by orchestras, vocal groups, or individual artists. Many composers work on a freelance basis, while some are associated with specific companies. Because this profession is highly competitive, it is important to have a strong CV when applying for a job. Our music composer CV example can help you determine the perfect details to help you get your foot in the door.
Tips for Creating a Great Music Composer CV
Here are a few useful tips for your music composer CV:
– Specify exactly which instruments you can play, as well as whether you have any vocal performance skills. Likewise, indicate whether you have expertise in any specific genre or musical style.
– Technology skills are becoming increasingly important in the musical world as synthesizers and composing software become more prevalent. Make sure that you highlight your technological abilities.
– Do not include anything on the resume that might be offensive or controversial.
– Often, music composers applying for a certain job may be asked to provide a portfolio or reel of prior work. Be ready to provide examples of your work along with the CV.
– It is a good idea to use action words such as created, directed, or developed to make your CV more dynamic.
– Proofread carefully to catch any spelling mistakes, grammar errors, or formatting problems. You want to present the best possible document to your potential employer.