Build Your CV
29 Lenore Avenue, Charlotte, NC 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 333-555-9302
Creative, compassionate, and highly dependable nanny who has more than 10 years of experience caring for children from newborn to 14 years old. Flexible caregiver who can handle unexpected changes in schedule or situations with ease, grace, and confidence. Dedicated to helping to shape children into confident, intelligent, and happy people who will carry those traits on into adulthood.
- Maintain a complete schedule for both the children and parents to coordinate play dates, sports practices, music recitals, parent-teacher conferences, and other important meetings, as well as to ensure the family is all home for dinner together at least two nights per week.
- Assist the children with their homework, school projects, reading assignments, and studying after school.
- Prepare nutritious meals for the children or the family, ensuring adherence to strict allergen guidelines.
- Observed children during studying, extracurricular activities, playing, and when getting ready for or getting out of bed to ensure there were no signs of illness or injury.
- Created age-appropriate activities for the children that included putting on plays that they wrote, creating art projects, visiting local museums, and spending the afternoon at the park or beach.
- Performed light housekeeping and errand duties such as dusting, washing dishes, and stopping at the post office.
- Designed, planned, and hosted age-appropriate activities that taught children about numbers, colors, letters, and shapes.
- Provided children safety knowledge that included holding an adult’s hand when crossing the street, how to say no to strangers, and what to do in case of a fire.
- Met with parents and other daycare teachers on a regular basis to discuss children’s progress and create new programs to help them succeed in the daycare and beyond.
I volunteer as a daycare provider at a local homeless shelter so that parents can be free to search for jobs or otherwise try to better the lives of their family. I also enjoy spending time at the beach, doing yoga, and performing in the local theater.
Build Your CV
Nanny CV Must-Haves
What Does a Nanny Do?
A nanny is a private childcare provider who typically works inside a household. Nannies are responsible for the physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing of children ranging in age from newborn to early teenage years. Some nannies are on call most of the time and live at their place of employment; others work part-time and maintain their own residences. Nannies must be highly organized, reliable, and have the ability to teach children manners, safety, and responsibility. Helping with homework, cooking, cleaning, and driving children to activities are common aspects of the job. For some suggestions of important skills and duties to mention, read the included professional nanny CV example.
Tips for Creating a Great Nanny CV
Use these ideas to help you create a CV that will stand out from the rest:
– Do ensure that your contact information is complete and professional. Give a mobile phone number so that you are easily reachable, and always use a professional email address.
– Do not include work that is more than a decade old, such as babysitting jobs or camp counselor positions that you held in high school. However, if you were a counselor in college, you can include it.
– Do use your professional summary to talk about your most applicable skills and personality traits.
– Do not provide information regarding why you no longer work for a family.
– Do be sure to proofread your CV thoroughly to omit any spelling or grammatical errors.