Build Your CV
544 Andy Drive, Britton, SD 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-458-9763
Dedicated and knowledgeable nurse educator with more than 25 years of service in health care and postsecondary education. Long history of experience as a registered nurse in the hospital setting. Proven record of results as a postsecondary instructor working with nurse candidates. Commitment to delivering effective instructional and theory background and helping develop better clinical experiences for students. Focused on preparing each nurse candidate to be an effective health care provider for the future.
- Create instructional materials for classroom study and preparation for clinical experiences for nursing candidates.
- Assess student work in the classroom by reviewing test results, evaluating laboratory work, and reading nurse journals.
- Lead a team of undergraduate and graduate student nurses in clinical rotations in the university hospital system with a 98 percent graduation rate from the program.
- Designed classroom experiences that helped prepare nursing students for real-life scenarios in the health care setting.
- Planned demonstrations in the classroom to show students the correct ways to perform various nursing procedures.
- Recognized by the hospital as a leading nurse educator and recommended to head the program after one year of employment.
- Supervised 35 student nurses in externship experiences during hospital rotations and clinical study in various types of care.
- Advised student nurses of specific goals to work on to improve performance in the program and reach their goals.
- Developed classroom discussion models during the pre-clinical experience to facilitate a dialogue between nursing candidates and program graduates.
In my time away from work, I am heavily involved in the local gymnastics community as a volunteer coach. As a high school and college student, I competed on the national level in women’s gymnastics. Now, I instruct young gymnasts in various skills and events in the sport. I also position myself as a positive role model in the gym and a mentor when young people need some support that goes beyond their training.
Build Your CV
Nurse Educator CV Must-Haves
What Does a Nurse Educator Do?
Nurse educators play a key part in preparing future nurses for the profession. In the nurse educator CV example, there are plenty of examples of the type of work they perform each day. Nurse educators work both in the classroom and in the clinical hospital setting with their students. At the classroom level, they instruct students in theory and academic issues related to the nursing profession. They also provide experiences to demonstrate common nursing procedures to students. Nurse educators must also evaluate each student’s progress. Next, they supervise students in their clinical rotation in a health care facility. They must determine if nursing students are prepared to enter the profession at the conclusion of the program. In some cases, nurse educators must coordinate with hospital contacts to ensure students and medical staff both benefit from the experience.
Tips for Creating a Great Nurse Educator CV
Showing off your best skills and knowledge may take some writing practice. Luckily, there are plenty of easy tips to follow to get your CV up to speed. Here are some options:
– Put much of your writing effort into making your professional summary great since this is the section that is most often read first.
– Organize all of your details by the date, starting with your jobs and schools attended most recently and adding backwards from there.
– Provide specifics about how you have improved the nursing education program in your daily responsibilities.
– Demonstrate your strong ability to lead and instruct students and prepare them for the type of duties that are expected of a nurse.
– Show more of your human side by giving a few details about your hobbies and interests you pursue outside of work.