Nursing assistants provide a number of services to healthcare professionals. To show you are most qualified for a position, you need to comprehensively outline your education, experiences, and skills in your professional curriculum vitae. This document is the first impression you’ll provide in the job hunt process, so follow the example of the below nursing assistant CV example. It offers a general idea of the type of information you should include and how these materials need to be presented on the page.
Build My CV
6574 Mayhaven Drive, Houston, TX 11111
E: email@example.com T: 555-729-7299
Certified nursing assistant with a proven track record of keeping patients’ information confidential. Ability to perform a variety of medical tasks and utilize common equipment in a hospital. Excelled at recognizing changes within a patient’s healthcare and recommending solutions to doctor. Comfortable with necessary tasks such as taking blood samples and emptying bed pans. Certified in the state of Texas to perform CPR and other basic first aid tasks.
- Chart information regarding a client’s health and report any abnormalities to head nurse.
- Measure patients’ vitals and update information in digital filing system.
- Assist with a variety of medical procedures, including surgeries, and prepare patients for extended periods of time lying in bed, such as catheter insertion.
- Help patients perform daily tasks, such as bathing and getting dressed.
- Collect samples for patients, which can include urine, feces, and blood.
- Changed patients’ bed linens and washed them at least once weekly.
- Cleaned uniforms for hospital staff.
- Restocked supplies when running low, and established new recording system so everyone would be aware when a certain item was about to be depleted.
- Explained instructions to family members and friends so they could adequately care for the patient at home.
- Provided information about the hospital to callers.
- Repositioned patients who would be required to lie down in bed most hours of the day.
- Recorded weight and height of patients and reported information to head nurse.
- Cleaned patient rooms when not in use so they would be ready for the next guest.
- Assisted patients who required physical therapy and needed help learning how to move again.
My desire to help others is exemplified in my volunteering as a lifeguard during the summer. It is a great gig to have because I love swimming, but I also enjoy playing an active role in protecting people in the community.
Build My CV
Nursing Assistant CV Must-Haves
What Does a Nursing Assistant Do?
Nursing assistants basically do anything asked of them by the head doctor or nurse. This can include prepping a patient for surgery. It also involves checking vitals of patients, recording pertinent information, calling patients’ emergency contacts, teaching patients how to use devices, and applying dressings. Following surgery, a nursing assistant helps bedridden patients feel more comfortable. This can include helping patients get dressed and take a bath. Nursing assistants also bring food to patients during their hospital stays. Additional duties include restocking supplies, setting up equipment for doctors to use, transporting specimens to proper locations, and administering medications to individuals. The responsibilities can vary greatly from one day to the next, and you need to show you are ready for anything just like the nursing assistant CV example does.
Tips for Creating a Great Nursing Assistant CV
Your CV will be even better if you abide by these tips as well:
– While you need to include your email address and phone number, you can leave out your home address if you are uncomfortable disclosing such information at this time.
– Emphasize your most important traits in the Professional Summary. You only have five or six lines to catch a reader’s attention, so you need to start off strong.
– Within your Work Experience, you should attempt to show that you have gained more responsibilities throughout the years.
– If the job you are applying for requires you to have certification, then state you possess that certification or that you are at least in progress of obtaining it.
– In addition to stating your degree under Education, you can also list specific classes you took that are relevant to the position.
– You do not have to give a reason for why you left a past place of employment. A hiring manager will ask about it in the interview if you get to that point.